AUDIBLE REVIEW 2018
KEY FEATURES – AUDIBLE REVIEW 2018
- Audible is an Amazon company that provides audiobooks in almost every category.
- They offer a 30 days trial plan during which you can download 2 audiobooks absolutely for free. You can keep these audible books with you even after canceling their trial plan.
- They have a paid membership at a price of $14.95/month for a single credit. Using that credit, you can buy any audiobook regardless of its price. Also, you will get 30% discount on any audiobook you further purchase.
- They offer a refund scheme where you can exchange an audiobook for a refund credit within 365 days of purchase.
- Audible has a vast library having more than 1,80,000+ audiobooks.
- Their app and website are quite user-friendly.
- Great customer support service 24/7 via live chat, phone & e-mail.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
If you are too lazy to scroll down, then click on the below links to go directly to the clicked section.
WHAT IS AUDIBLE?
Audible is the most popular audiobooks providing service in the world. Not to mention, it is owned by Amazon since 2008. So, obviously, we can trust them blindly.
It has a huge library of over 1,80,000 audiobooks in various categories. They also have an app through which you can access audiobooks directly from your smartphone. If I talk about its plan, they offer a paid membership along with a free trial plan.
AUDIBLE TRIAL PLAN & MEMBERSHIP
If you are skeptical to give it a try, you can use their free trial plan which has a validity of 30 days. During this period, you can download any 2 audiobooks absolutely for free.
On top of that, if you decide to cut ties from Audible after using their free trial. You can still keep your 2 downloaded audiobooks with you forever. This is one of the reason, why some of my friends actually took advantage of this scheme and downloaded free audible books before canceling the plan.
On the other side, if you actually liked Audible and want to continue with them, then you can join their membership plan. Below are their different plans:
|PLAN||COST||NO. OF CREDITS|
|30 Days Trial Plan||Free||Download any 2 audiobooks for free|
|Gold Monthly||$14.95 per month||1 per month|
|Platinum Monthly||$22.95 per month||2 per month|
|Gold Annual||$149.50 per year||12 per year|
|Platinum Annual||$229.50 per year||24 per year|
|Audible Channels Plan||$4.95 per month||No credits|
With the credit, you can buy an audiobook regardless of its price. Apart from this, you will also get 30% discount while buying additional audiobooks.
So, I will recommend buying only those audiobooks which cost more than $15. In this way, you can take advantage of your credit which is worth $14.95. Also, go for longer duration audiobooks which can last longer.
If I talk about the other providers, they only allow you to borrow audiobooks & you have to return it back within a time period. Whereas, with Audible, you can keep it with you even after canceling their plan.
Moreover, if you have Amazon Prime membership, you will have exclusive access to Audible. So, I will recommend to give it a try if you are interested.
AUDIBLE REFUND SCHEME
There are many times when you accidentally purchase wrong audiobooks or are lured by the title which in fact turns out to be a disappointment. In such cases, it’s better to return it back.
Audible has a great refund scheme where you can exchange the wrong audiobook for a new one. In case, you don’t want another audiobook, then you can also exchange it for a refund credit.
The validity of refund scheme is 365 days from the date of purchase. So, you have ample amount of time to exchange it which I think is pretty cool.
One of the main reason why Audible beats other audiobooks competitors because of the huge variety of audiobooks in almost all categories. It has an over 1,80,000+ audiobooks. Not only that, these audiobooks have a top-notch audio quality.
Plus, their library keeps on updating with new audiobooks so that you can find almost all the popular ones in their database which I bet you can’t find in other services.
AUDIBLE AUDIOBOOK PRICE
If you compare the prices, Audible is a bit costly than others. Also, if you have used your credit, you can’t buy extra credit for that month. This is something, I disliked about Audible.
However, you can still purchase audiobooks with a 30% discount. But, if you compare the prices of these audiobooks, with the other providers, they are bit expensive.
But not to say, they have great quality audiobooks which pay off.
AUDIBLE APP & WEBSITE
To access audiobooks on smartphone devices, Audible has an official app for Android, Apple & Windows phone. I find this app quite user-friendly & easy to operate.
The app is ad-free so no pop-up adds that can ruin your experience. Also, it delivers premium audio without any interruptions.
You don’t have to listen to audiobooks online because you can download it using this app & then listen to it offline. Apart from that, you can automatically sync all your audiobooks across all your devices which I find quite good.
Whether you are a slow or fast listener, you can adjust the speed of narration according to your taste which is very good for those who likes to listen at a different speed.
The best thing about the Audible app is that you can set up a timer. Suppose, you want to automatically stop the app after one hour of listening, you can set up a timer for 1 hour.
It also enables you to switch back & forth between e-book and audio version of books using the Whispersync feature. However, you must have Kindle app & e-book to do so.
Talking about the Audible website, it is also quite good. The interface is neat & I liked the pop-up feature whenever you hover the mouse cursor on any book.
This pop-up box will show narrators name, length, overall rating and a short description about the audiobook. This will alone let you decide whether you want to further click on that book or not.
Overall, Audible has a nice app & website which itself attracts many of them to try their service.
As I have previously covered that if you accidentally buy a wrong audiobook, you can always exchange it.
However, in order to do so, you need to contact customer support team. You can contact them via live chat, phone or email. They have a 24/7 customer service, so you can contact them at any time.
Apart from that, if you have a different problem, they have their own forum where various topics are discussed on a daily basis. So, before contacting customer care team, you can always scroll the forum to find the solution.
As far as I know, it has one of the best customer support team if we compare it with others.
TWO METHODS TO DOWNLOAD FREE AUDIBLE BOOKS
Till now, we have seen all the features of Audible along with its pros & cons. Now, its time to look at how you can download these audiobooks using their free trial plan.
Now, there are 2 ways to do so:
- Download Free Audible Books Via Audible 30 Days Free Trial Plan
- Download Free Audible Books Via Amazon Prime Free Trial Membership
Let’s see each of them one by one.
1. Download Free Audible Books Via Audible 30 Days Free Trial Plan
As I previously stated that it provides a free trial plan to test Audible out. So, I will exactly take you to the step-by-step procedure to download those free audible books.
- Go to Amazon Audible & click “Start Your Free Trial” button.
- After that, you need to connect your credit or debit card (Don’t worry you won’t be charged).
- The next page will ask you to confirm your address. Simply click “Use this address”.
- Next will be a review page as shown below. Review it & then click on “Confirm Your Free Trial” button.
- That’s it, you are subscribed to the free trial. You can see below-highlighted guideline.
- Now, its time to buy the audiobook for free. Simply search any audiobook using the search bar. I have chosen the “Affiliate marketing audiobook” worth $5.59 as an example. Next, click on “Buy with Audible credit” to download the same.
- Next, you need to download the Audible app. You can find it in your respective app store (Android, App Store & Windows) or else enter your email as shown above and you will receive a download link for the app.
- Open your Audible app & sign in with your Amazon account (the same account you are subscribed to Amazon Audible)
- After sign in, go to Library > My Books & now you can see your selected audiobook that you bought using the free trial credit.
- Simply hit download & that’s it. You finally downloaded a paid Audible book for free.
- You can also do the same by going to the Audible website instead of app & repeat the same steps.
2. Download Free Audible Books Via Amazon Prime Free Trial Membership
If you are already a prime member of Amazon, then you can access these audible books for free. You don’t need to do anything extra, except to download their Audible app through which you can access them.
However, if you aren’t a prime member, you can try their 30 days free trial membership to test it out. During this trial period, you have the following advantages for free
- Access to a rotating collection of 50 Audible audiobooks
- Unlimited Prime movies & TV shows (Just like Netflix)
- Access to Kindle Books
- 2 days free shipping if you buy items from Amazon
Also, If you are a student, you can use Amazon prime student to get a 6 months free trial plan which I think is great. During this 6 months, you can take advantage of all the above-mentioned features absolutely for free. Though, you’ll need a .edu email address to qualify for the same.
One thing you should remember is that you can’t download audible books using the Prime membership. However, you can access them for free which is more than sufficient.
HOW TO CANCEL TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
If you have signed up for the trial plan, then congrats for downloading the free stuff. However, if you feel that you don’t wanna go further i.e. paying for the membership plan, then you can definitely cancel the plan.
Here, I will show you the exact steps with my old Audible account that I first used to try Audible’s trial plan.
Ready? This is how it’s done:
- Go to Audible’s website & click your name at the top. This will open a drop-down box. Select “Account Details”.
- This will direct you to the account details page. Here, you can find the “Cancel Membership” button. Click it & it’s done. Quite simple.
FINAL VERDICT – AUDIBLE REVIEW 2018
If you think that you can listen to 1-2 audiobooks per month, then you can surely go for Audible. However, if you are planning to listen more than that, then I will recommend trying another audiobook service such as Overdrive, Playster etc.
Although, if you try a different service, you may need to compromise with fewer selections. But you will have the advantage of paying less for audiobooks in comparison with Audible.
Apart from that, rest all the features are better in Audible if we compare it with others. You have a wider variety of audiobooks to choose from. They have a great customer support team with a great refund scheme which doesn’t make you feel cheated.
Also, you can keep the downloaded audiobooks with you forever and even share them with your relatives which isn’t possible with other services.
So, if you think that it matches your need, then you can surely go for it.