When you click the links and ads on this blog, it helps me to pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting me! For more info, read the Disclosure page.
Hey website owners and content creators! If you’re tired of the same old Google AdSense for monetization, I’ve got some best Google Adsense alternatives to share with you for 2023!
Why bother with these alternatives, you ask? Well, they can bring in comparable earnings to AdSense, which is a win in itself.
And guess what? Some of them don’t have crazy high traffic requirements, making them perfect for newbies or smaller audiences.
Not only that, but these alternatives might just vibe better with your website’s content and your lovely audience. So let’s keep things fresh and explore some new money-making options!
Factors to Consider When Choosing an AdSense Alternative
When picking an alternative to Google AdSense, you gotta think about a bunch of stuff to make sure it’s the right fit for your site and peeps. Let’s check out some important factors:
- Revenue Potential: It’s crucial to compare the earning potential of different options. Remember, your money-making can vary based on your site’s niche, audience location, and visitor count. For more on making money blogging, check out our guide for all the details!
- Ease of Use: Nobody likes getting stuck in a maze of confusing menus and settings. Look for an ad network that’s user-friendly and offers good support in case you need a helping hand.
- Relevance to Your Content and Audience: Choose an ad network that matches your site’s content and your audience’s interests. Nobody wants to see random stuff unrelated to what they came for!
- Minimum Traffic Requirements: Now, here’s a bummer – some ad networks have traffic requirements. Boo! Before you get all excited and apply, double-check if they demand a certain amount of traffic. It can be a real buzzkill to get rejected just because you don’t have enough visitors. We’ve got a guide on boosting blog traffic if you need some help in that department.
- Ad Quality and Aesthetics: The way your ads look matters too! Nobody likes ugly, intrusive ads ruining their experience. Make sure to pick a network that offers good quality, slick-looking ads that blend nicely with your website’s vibe.
- Payment Terms and Methods: Let’s talk money! Payment terms are important. How often do they pay you? What’s the minimum amount you need to reach before getting paid? And hey, what payment methods do they support? Don’t hassle with your hard-earned cash.
Remember, finding the perfect AdSense alternative requires some trial and error. Just test things out and see what works for your site and audience.
Don’t stress, it might take patience, but you’ll find the perfect fit!
Overview of Top Google AdSense Alternatives
Media.net is like Google AdSense’s rival, working as the ad network for Yahoo and Bing. Its contextual ads allow you to monetize your content effectively.
- Key Features: Media.net offers a wide range of ad types including display ads, text ads, and mobile ads.
- Pros and Cons: This platform rocks at delivering top-notch ads, and it’s a breeze to set up! However, it can be a bit restrictive as your site must primarily be in English and attract most of its traffic from the USA, UK, and Canada.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $100. Payments are made monthly via Payoneer or wire transfer.
- Traffic Requirements: Media.net doesn’t publicly disclose its minimum traffic requirements, but sites with higher traffic seem to get better results. Want to boost your blog traffic? Check out this cool guide to know tips to increase blog traffic!
2. Propeller Ads
Propeller Ads rocks as an ad network with all sorts of ads – banners, sponsored links, push notifications, and more!
- Key Features: This platform is known for its quick sign-up process and real-time reporting tools.
- Pros and Cons: Propeller Ads stands out with its low minimum payout and variety of ad types, but it may not be the best choice for all niches.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $5 for Payoneer, $20 for PayPal, and $500 for wire transfers. Payments are made on a Net 30 basis.
- Traffic Requirements: No specific traffic requirements are listed, making it a good choice for beginners. If you’re just starting, learn how to start a profitable blog.
3. Amazon Advertising
It is an advertising solution provided by the world’s largest e-commerce platform. It allows publishers to display product recommendations, deals, and a search field from Amazon on their website.
- Key Features: You can display highly relevant product recommendations in a stylish and responsive ad unit. It also includes features like auto-optimization, flexible ad controls, and detailed performance reports.
- Pros and Cons: It can offer high-quality, relevant ads, and potentially high commissions through the Amazon Associates program. However, the revenue potential could be lower than some other networks for sites that don’t focus on product-related content.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold varies by country but is typically $10 for direct deposit, $100 for checks. If you’re an Amazon US affiliate, you can receive your payment through Payoneer. Check out this guide on how Amazon US affiliate payments work with Payoneer.
- Traffic Requirements: Amazon Ads does not have a specific minimum traffic requirement, making it accessible for newer or smaller websites and blogs.
Infolinks is a global advertising platform that aims to deliver brand messages to engaged users. It’s best known for its in-text ad formats.
- Key Features: It provides a suite of intelligent ad units that are fully customizable and complement your content.
- Pros and Cons: The platform has a low payment threshold and is easy to integrate, but the ad formats can be a bit intrusive for some users.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $50 for PayPal, eCheck, ACH, and Payoneer, and $100 for Bank Wire Transfers. Usually, they pay within 45 days after the month ends.
- Traffic Requirements: Infolinks does not have a minimum traffic requirement, making it an excellent choice for new or smaller blogs.
Mediavine is a top-notch ad management company that not only handles your ad placements but also boosts your site’s user experience and SEO.
- Key Features: It offers features such as lazy loading for better site speed, video monetization, in-content ad placements, and access to a dedicated support team. Additionally, Mediavine is committed to maintaining a balance between income and user experience, offering a variety of settings to control ad density and placement.
- Pros and Cons: While Mediavine is known for its high RPMs (Revenue Per Mille) and excellent support, it has a high minimum traffic requirement, which may make it less accessible for smaller or newer websites.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold for Mediavine is $25. Payments are made on a NET 65 basis, meaning the income earned in a given month will be paid out 65 days later. Payment methods include PayPal, paper checks, and wire transfers.
- Traffic Requirements: Mediavine requires a minimum of 50,000 sessions per month, as reported by Google Analytics. This high threshold ensures that only sites with significant traffic can join, but it also means higher earning potential.
Brief Introduction: Monumetric is a full-service ad revenue partner that helps you optimize your site’s revenue while preserving the user experience. Unlike traditional ad networks, Monumetric uses dynamic technology to optimize the ads that appear on your website.
- Key Features: With Monumetric, you have access to features like strategic ad placements and performance optimization. They go for a CPM model instead of CPC, which could mean more earnings for your site!”
- Pros and Cons: Monumetric offers a high degree of customization and an excellent support team. Their pay rate is also quite competitive. But, if your site gets fewer than 80,000 pageviews per month, they’ll want an upfront fee.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $99. Payments go through direct deposit and usually get processed within 45 days after the end of the month when you earned the revenue.
- Traffic Requirements: Monumetric has different programs based on your monthly traffic. For websites with 10k-80k monthly pageviews, there’s the Propel program. The Ascend program caters to sites with 80k-500k pageviews, Stratos for 500k-10M, and Apollo for over 10M pageviews. For those still working towards these numbers, consider exploring strategies to improve your blog traffic.
Ezoic is an AI-driven platform that optimizes ad placements on your site to maximize revenue while improving user experience.
- Key Features: Ezoic offers features like layout testing, ad testing, and a site speed accelerator. It also provides detailed analytics to help you understand your audience better.
- Pros and Cons: Ezoic’s AI tech ensures killer ad placements that can boost your revenue, but setting up can be a bit tough, especially for newbies.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $20. Ezoic pays on a Net-30 basis and supports payment via PayPal, check, or direct deposit. Check out a detailed review of Ezoic.
- Traffic Requirements: Ezoic requires a minimum of 10,000 sessions per month.
Bidvertiser is a direct advertising network that allows publishers to monetize everything from websites and toolbars to extensions and mobile apps.
- Key Features: Bidvertiser offers a range of ad formats including banners, sliders, pop-unders, and more. It also provides a referral program to earn additional income.
- Pros and Cons: Bidvertiser offers a low minimum payout and a variety of ad types, but the ad quality may vary.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $10 for PayPal and Payza and $100 for check and wire transfers. Payments are made on a Net 30 basis.
- Traffic Requirements: Bidvertiser does not have a specific minimum traffic requirement, making it accessible for newer or smaller websites and blogs.
Skimlinks automate affiliate link affiliation in your content, freeing you to focus on running your site.
- Key Features: With Skimlinks, you get access to over 48,500 affiliate merchants without having to deal with individual affiliate programs. It also provides detailed reports on what’s working for your site.
- Pros and Cons: It’s a lucrative but effortless way to monetize content, though they charge a 25% commission on earnings.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $65. Payments via PayPal or direct deposit are processed 90 days after the earning month ends.
- Traffic Requirements: Skimlinks are suitable for sites of all sizes, with no minimum traffic requirements. If you’re interested in affiliate marketing, check out this Affiliate marketing for dummies guide.
10. Gourmet Ads
Gourmet Ads is an ad network that specifically caters to food and wine bloggers. They offer high-quality, relevant ads to match your niche.
- Key Features: Gourmet Ads provides various ad types, including display banners and video ads. They also offer a unique feature – recipe monetization.
- Pros and Cons: Gourmet Ads is a perfect fit for food and wine blogs due to its niche focus, but it may not be the best option for blogs outside this niche.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $50. Payments are made on a Net 45 basis and can be processed via PayPal, check, or wire transfer.
- Traffic Requirements: The minimum traffic requirement is 10,000 page views per month.
Taboola is a native advertising platform that offers “content you may like” style ads, which blend well with the website’s content and layout.
- Key Features: Taboola’s native ad formats can lead to higher engagement and better user experience. It also provides comprehensive analytics and reporting tools.
- Pros and Cons: Taboola’s ads blend well with your site’s content, leading to higher click-through rates, but they do have fairly high traffic requirements.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $100. Payments are made via Payoneer on a Net 45 basis.
- Traffic Requirements: Taboola typically requires a minimum of 1 million monthly pageviews, making it more suited for larger, more established sites. To reach such numbers, consider strategies to improve your blog traffic.
Adversal is an ad network that prides itself on delivering better revenue, better ads, and better support.
- Key Features: Adversal offers features like auto-optimization for higher CPMs, a variety of ad formats, and a robust affiliate program.
- Pros and Cons: Adversal has a quick approval process and a low minimum payout. However, they have quite strict eligibility criteria.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $20, paid via PayPal, ACH, check, or wire transfer. Payments are sent on a Net 35 basis.
- Traffic Requirements: Adversal requires a minimum of 50,000 page views per month.
13. K. Sovrn //Commerce (formerly VigLink)
Sovrn //Commerce is an affiliate marketing network that automatically converts your links to advertisers into tracked affiliate links.
- Key Features: The platform offers automatic link affiliation, in-text ads, and an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Pros and Cons: Sovrn //Commerce is a great way to monetize outbound links without any extra effort. However, it works best in conjunction with other ad networks.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $10, paid via PayPal. Payments are sent on a Net 60 basis.
- Traffic Requirements: Sovrn //Commerce doesn’t have a specific minimum traffic requirement. Here’s a guide to help you find a profitable niche in affiliate marketing.
AdThrive is an ad management company that works with top-tier advertisers to help bloggers and website owners optimize their ad revenue.
- Key Features: AdThrive offers features like high-quality ads, ad layout optimization, and excellent customer service.
- Pros and Cons: AdThrive is known for its high revenues and excellent customer service, but it requires a high minimum traffic volume, making it less accessible for smaller sites.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: There is no minimum payout threshold for AdThrive. Payments are made via direct deposit on a Net 45 basis.
- Traffic Requirements: AdThrive requires a minimum of 100,000 monthly pageviews. You might want to check out this guide on how to get accepted to CPA networks without a website.
RevenueHits is a performance-based ad network that helps publishers to generate more revenues with state-of-the-art Contextual & Geo-targeted Ad Serving technology.
- Key Features: It offers a wide variety of ad types including display banners, pop ads, slider ads, and more.
- Pros and Cons: RevenueHits can yield high revenues, especially for sites with strong geo-targeted traffic. On the flip side, the ad quality can sometimes be inconsistent.
- Minimum Payout and Payment Methods: The minimum payout threshold is $20 for PayPal and Payoneer, and $500 for wire transfer. Payments are made on a NET30 basis.
- Traffic Requirements: No minimum traffic requirements, making it a viable alternative even for those who are new to blogging.
Selecting the ideal ad network depends on your goals and preferences.
It’s all about your own goals, man! Google AdSense is cool and all, but there are other alternatives like Ezoic, Monumetric, AdThrive, and more, each with its own unique features that might be a better fit for you.
So, choose an ad network based on your site’s traffic, audience, and content. Experiment with different networks to find the best fit. It’s all about finding that perfect match, dude.