In this guide, I will show you how you can use GoDaddy to register a domain name. And by the way, this is where I bought my own domain name for this blog
But before that let me congratulate you for finally starting a new blog.
Well, to be honest, starting a blog is one of the best feelings. You get to express your views in front of the whole world & at the same time, you can start making money as well.
But that’s not what I am going to discuss here because I already have a step-by-step guide to start an awesome blog.
Here, I will talk about how to buy a domain name which is the first step in starting a blog. Now, there are many reliable resources to buy domain names & one of them being Godaddy.
HOW TO USE GODADDY TO REGISTER DOMAIN NAME
This post contains affiliate links. However, I only suggest those products which are trustable. If you buy or signup anything using my link, I get a small commission which helps me to keep this blog running. For more info, you can refer to my Disclosure page.
WHAT IS A DOMAIN NAME?
A domain name is an address where your websites reside and users can access it by going through it.
TIPS TO CHOOSE DOMAIN NAMES
Following are some of the tips you must follow while buying a domain name
- .com is the most used domain extension. So, I will definitely recommend it. But somehow, many times you can encounter unavailability of your required domain name. In such cases, you can go for other domain extensions such as .co.uk (for the United Kingdom), .in (for India) etc.
- Make your domain name is short and precise so that it is easier to type.
- Avoid numbers, hyphens if it isn’t necessary
AVOID DOMAIN NAME & WEB HOST FROM THE SAME COMPANY
- Having domain name & web host from different providers is a great way to secure both. But, having both of them from the same provider increases the risk of getting both hacked if your site is targeted by the hackers.
- The flexibility of moving both of them when they are from different providers is easy.
- If you are looking for some unique domain name then it’s the best bet to buy them from the providers who solely focus on domains such as GoDaddy, Namecheap etc.
STEPS FOR USING GODADDY TO REGISTER A DOMAIN NAME
- Click here to go to GoDaddy (Affiliate Discount Link).
- Now enter the desired domain name which you want to buy. As an example, I will be going for “noneedworry” domain name. So, enter the domain name and check whether it is available. Luckily, it is available.
- Now click on “Continue to Cart” button to move on to the next page.
- After choosing the domain name, you will be headed over to the next page where you have different options such as Linux web hosting, privacy protection etc. You can ignore all this or at least can go for privacy protection. For now, I will ignore all these.
- Next is the payment page. Here, you can choose the validity of the domain name. I will go with the one-year plan. However, you can go for 2 years to get the maximum discount benefit. You can see the below red square for a discount code that applied automatically via my link.
- Finally, enter your card details and save it. You can then see the “Complete Purchase” button. Click it & proceed with the purchase.
- That’s it. Congratulations, you are now the owner of your domain name & will receive your receipt bill on your email address.
That’s it, guys. Now, I guess you won’t have any problem in using GoDaddy for registering a domain name. So, if you found this article helpful, then do share it.