Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you buy or sign-up through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more but we’ll get a small commission that helps us in running this blog. Read the Disclosure page.
If this is your first time buying a domain name using GoDaddy? You must be confused about how to get started.
Maybe you have already picked a domain name, or possibly, you want to know the tips for choosing a perfect name.
Either way, in this post, I will be sharing a few tips regarding the same and highlighting all the steps required to take while buying a domain name from GoDaddy.
So, if that is what you are looking for? Let’s get started.
- How to start a perfect blog on WordPress
- Best blogging tools & resources for beginner bloggers
- Best web host to start a blog – Siteground Review
4 Tips To Choose Domain Names
- Choose a short and easy to remember domain name that has a maximum of 12 characters.
- Avoid numbers, hyphens as it makes your domain name hard to remember.
- Ensure it has your niche topic name in it. For example, Coursera.com is all online courses.
- Though there are many domain extensions you can go for, .com is the most used one. If the .com extension is already occupied, you can go with .net, .org.
Steps To Register Domain Name On Godaddy
- Click here to visit the GoDaddy website.
- Enter the desired domain name in the search bar. For example, I will be going after a random domain name like noneedworry because it is available. In case if it was occupied, I would have looked for another name.
- Click on Continue to Cart button to move on to the next page.
- On the next page, you can choose a couple of options or simply avoid them as it is not much needed. However, I do suggest privacy protection. For now, I will ignore all these options.
- On the payment page, choose the validity of the domain name. I will go with the one-year plan but, you can go for a 2-year plan to get the maximum discount benefit.
- Enter your card details and click save to see the Complete Purchase button. Now click it & proceed with the purchase. The receipt bill will be emailed to your email address.
Congratulations! You have finally bought your first domain name from GoDaddy.