There are many untapped sources on the internet from where you can learn anything online without even spending a dime.
Unaware of this, many bloggers spend a lot of money on different courses, when in fact they can learn the same thing for free.
Whether it is On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO, Keyword research techniques or link building, you can learn anything for free using Skillshare.
When I started blogging, I took many SEO courses on Skillshare to improve my organic traffic & thankfully; it helped.
Here is my organic traffic graph.
As you can see, my graph is going up slowly.
To be honest, SEO is not that difficult until you know the right strategies.
In this article, I will talk about how you can use Skillshare to access the courses for free and also recommend some good video courses on Search engine optimization.
- 10 On-Page SEO Tips that you must follow to drive Organic traffic
- The Right way to do Keyword Research (Beginner & Advanced Level)
WHY IS SEO IMPORTANT?
If you are damn serious about driving traffic from Google, then there is no doubt, SEO is very much important for you.
Think about it, what if one day Facebook or Pinterest shuts down which might be your primary source of traffic?
Hope it doesn’t happen, but it will deeply affect both your income & traffic. Depending on only one source of traffic is not a good idea.
You should have multiple sources of traffic to your blog to play it safe.
If I talk about which one is the most reliable one, then my vote will always go to organic traffic (Google Traffic) because of its targeted nature.
If you don’t know what targeted means?
Then it means the readers coming from Google on your site are more likely to take an action which results in more income & sign-ups.
That’s why I consider SEO as an important part of my blogging strategy to have long-term gains.How To Learn SEO Online For Free Using A Special ResourceClick To Tweet
HOW TO LEARN SEO?
But the thing is, there are tons of article related to SEO on these websites. Once you visit them, you will be kinda confused about what to read first.
To completely understand this scenario, let’s take an example of a photoshop course.
Consider yourself as a beginner in Photoshop who has no idea how it works.
Now, your tutor won’t teach you all the advanced steps in the beginning. I mean he will start with the basics and then move on to the advanced ones, right?
Likewise, if you are a complete beginner, you should learn SEO from the basics to advance & that’s what I will suggest.
But how do you do that?
The answer is Skillshare.
Using Skillshare, you can take video courses on any subject. Be it art, design, animation or anything, you can literally learn all of them for free.
But as we are talking about SEO, so I’ll just stick to it.
There are many detailed courses available on Skillshare both free & paid. Usually, the best courses are the paid ones.
Ah, paid? I am leaving….But wait, there is a hack which I will discuss in a couple of minutes.
These courses are mostly created by SEO consultant where they are just spilling their secret.
Don’t you want to know their secret?
If yes, then let’s get into more detail.
WHAT IS SKILLSHARE?
Skillshare is an online learning community designed for both students and teachers who want to learn from educational videos.
It provides users an opportunity to access video courses related to a wide variety of topics.
These topics include design, business, marketing, technology, photography, film, fashion, music, gaming, cooking, writing, DIY. crafts, and more.
Usually, courses on Skillshare are either free or paid.
Free courses are accessible for anyone & Paid courses are only for paid members who are willing to pay $8.73 per month or $5.23 per month (annual plan).
RECOMMENDED COURSES ON SEO
I have taken many courses on Skillshare and based on that I am suggesting a few SEO based courses that are really good.
Apart from this, you can search more by exploring Skillshare.
1. LEARN SEO TO GROW YOUR WEBSITE
Here is the course breakdown:
- What is SEO and how do search engines rank websites
- Setting up our project website
- Measure Existing Traffic with Analytics
- Choosing Keywords
- Onsite SEO (Internal Linking, Content, Meta Tags…)
- Offsite SEO (Link Breakdown, Building Backlinks…)
- SEO Tools for keyword rankings and backlink checkers
- Measure Traffic and Keyword Rankings
- Do’s and Do Not’s, Tips and Tricks
2. INTRODUCTION TO SEO
- An overview of SEO
- What is SEO strategy?
- How do I use analytics to measure success?
- Ranking Factors
- Debunking myths & misconceptions
- Audience, keywords, content strategy and on-page optimization
- Crawl friendliness & external links
- Moment Lens: How can we evaluate the strategy?
- A new post: How can we make the most of SEO?
- Content tips and tricks
- Building a culture of SEO success
3. KEYWORD RESEARCH LIKE A PRO
- Keyword Funnel
- How to do Keyword Research Part 1
- How to do Keyword Research Part 2
- Keyword Mapping
- Keyword Tracking
4. BOOST YOUR WEBSITE SPEED WITHOUT ANY CODING
Here is the course breakdown:
- What is website speed?
- How to test your website and to analyze the results?
- Easy warming ups by cleaning your website and deleting all the unwanted data.
- Clean up your broken links
- Stay safe! Learn how to backup your site
- The trick I use to optimize my images up to 90% while keeping up their quality!
- How to optimize your video
- The best way to optimize your database and boost your website performance.
- How to solve your hosting problem
- Caching Plugin: The one thing you can use to improve your speed in one minute
- The SECRET trick I use to simplify my website code WITHOUT doing any coding!
5. HOW TO USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO SET YOUR SEO STRATEGY
Here is the course breakdown:
- The best start of SEO
- How does Google work?
- What is an SEO strategy?
- Google Analytics: Add to your site
- Google Analytics: See your statistics
- Analysis 1: Your favorite pages
- 301 redirect
- Analysis 3: Returning visitors
- Skillshare Project & Worksheet
If you sign up for a Skillshare account using the free plan, you can access only the free courses.
However, if you want to access the paid courses, you need to become a paid member.
Now, I get it you don‘t want to be a member of something you heard for the first time.
That‘s when you can use their free trial plan.
If you normally sign-up for their trial plan, you get free access to Skillshare for only one month.
But, if you join using my link, you get free access for two months.
During the trial plan, you can access unlimited courses with no restriction.
I personally took more than 20 courses during my trial plan.
So, if you too want to take advantage of this offer, follow the below steps.
- Click here (my personal link) to sign up for a Skillshare Account.
- Next, fill in all the details.
- Now, you need to enter your credit/debit card or PayPal email address. This is just for the security purpose to avoid any scam. I will go with the PayPal option.
- Enter your PayPal email address and click “Next”.
- After that, review your details and click “Agree & continue”.
- That’s it. You have officially joined Skillshare.
- Now, you can choose your interest & click continue.
- Based on your interest, Skillshare will suggest you some courses.
- Next, search my recommended courses via the search bar and you are good to go. Enjoy.
HOW TO CANCEL FREE TRIAL PLAN ON SKILLSHARE?
If you really liked their service, you can always upgrade your plans.
However, if you think you are not yet ready, then you can straight away cancel your free subscription.
To do that, go to your “Account settings” page and click the Payment option.
Here you can clearly see the “Cancel membership” option.
Click it and your trial plan will be cancelled.
OVER TO YOU
So, this is one source I personally used to learn Search engine optimization.
Now, it’s up to you to decide whether you want to try it or you are happy with the online contents.
The choice is yours.
Now, I am not sponsoring Skillshare in any way. It’s just that it has helped me a lot in learning SEO & I thought to share this with you all.
Anyways, if you liked this article, then don‘t forget to share and pin it.
You Might Also Like This: