Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you buy or sign-up through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more but we’ll get a small commission that helps us in running this blog. Read the Disclosure page.
There are many ways to learn SEO from the comfort of your home. You can either go for ebooks, online courses, or content.
However, there is one more way from where not only you can learn SEO, but you learn other skills as well.
Yes, I am talking about Skillshare.
If you don’t know what Skillshare is, this post will explain everything in detail. So, without any further ado, let’s begin.
- 10 On-Page SEO Tips that you must follow to drive Organic traffic
- The Right Way to do Keyword Research (Beginner & Advanced Level)
Why Is SEO Important For a Website?
SEO is necessary because it helps to get high quality and more targeted traffic from Google, resulting in better engagement.
Before I talk further, let me ask you a question.
What are your sources of traffic? Maybe Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Quora, or something else?
Now, just imagine all these platforms are shut down. How will it affect your online business?
Surely, you will see a downfall in both your traffic and income, right? It’s like a nightmare for online marketers.
However, sites getting organic traffic from Google won’t have to worry about the same. That’s because they know Google is going to stay here for a long time.
Though the traffic can go up and down because of algorithm updates, it still won’t diminish completely. That’s the main reason learning SEO is so important for bloggers to get traffic from the biggest search engine in the world.
How To Learn SEO?
The best way to learn SEO quickly is by taking an online course.
Now, don’t get me wrong thinking, its the only way. In fact, if you are not in a hurry, you can learn it by going through online content available for free.
But the problem is, you need to read several posts on different topics to get a hold of it as SEO is a vast subject.
However, with online courses, you get everything under one roof in a more systematic manner. This helps you to learn a particular skill in a more sophisticated way.
Even though it sounds great, money could be a problem because courses can cost over $100 and some even $300. So, if you have enough money, you can easily buy them, but if you don’t, you can try Skillshare instead.
What Is Skillshare?
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives who wants to learn new skills from educational videos.
All the courses found here are not accredited that is available through subscription. It cost around $8.73/month for a monthly plan or $5.23/month for an annual plan.
While taking courses, you can also take part in projects where you can apply your newly learned knowledge into action.
5 Recommended Courses On Skillshare
Based on the courses I have taken, here are the 5 courses on SEO you’d enjoy. Besides, you can also search more by exploring Skillshare.
1. Learn SEO To Grow Your Website
Here is the course breakdown:
- What is SEO and how do search engines rank websites
- Setting up our project website
- Measure Existing Traffic with Analytics
- Choosing Keywords
- Onsite SEO (Internal Linking, Content, Meta Tags…)
- Offsite SEO (Link Breakdown, Building Backlinks…)
- SEO Tools for keyword rankings and backlink checkers
- Measure Traffic and Keyword Rankings
- Do’s and Do Not’s, Tips and Tricks
2. Introduction To SEO
- An overview of SEO
- What is SEO strategy?
- How do I use analytics to measure success?
- Ranking Factors
- Debunking myths & misconceptions
- Audience, keywords, content strategy and on-page optimization
- Crawl friendliness & external links
- Moment Lens: How can we evaluate the strategy?
- A new post: How can we make the most of SEO?
- Content Tips and tricks
- Building a culture of SEO success
3. Keyword Research Like A Pro
- Keyword Funnel
- How to do Keyword Research Part 1
- How to do Keyword Research Part 2
- Keyword Mapping
- Keyword Tracking
4. Boost Your Website Speed Without Any Coding
Here is the course breakdown:
- What is website speed?
- How to test your website and to analyze the results?
- Easy warming ups by cleaning your website and deleting all the unwanted data.
- Clean up your broken links
- Stay safe! Learn how to backup your site
- The trick I use to optimize my images up to 90% while keeping up their quality!
- How to optimize your video
- The best way to optimize your database and boost your website performance.
- How to solve your hosting problem
- Caching Plugin: The one thing you can use to improve your speed in one minute
- The SECRET trick I use to simplify my website code WITHOUT doing any coding!
5. How To Use Google Analytics To Set Your SEO Strategy
Here is the course breakdown:
- The best start of SEO
- How does Google work?
- What is an SEO strategy?
- Google Analytics: Add to your site
- Google Analytics: See your statistics
- Analysis 1: Your favorite pages
- 301 redirect
- Analysis 3: Returning visitors
- Skillshare Project & Worksheet
Usually, Skillshare offers a 7-days premium plan for the new users where they can access paid courses. However, if you like to extend it to two months? You can click here to signup.
- Once you are on the signup page, fill in all the required details.
- On the next page, enter your credit/debit card details or PayPal email address. This is just for security purposes to avoid any scams. Here, I will go with the PayPal option.
- Enter your PayPal email address and click Next.
- Next, review your details and click Agree & Continue option.
- That’s it. You are now a member of Skillshare.
P.S – If you are not planning to buy any plan once your trial plan ends, make sure to cancel it before 2 months. Else, you’ll be charged. (Skillshare will automatically notify you via e-mail when your trial plan is about to end).
How To Cancel Skillshare Free Trial Plan?
If you really liked their content, you can always upgrade to the paid plans. But if you think you are not yet ready? Then canceling the subscription is the best thing to do.
For this, go to your Account settings page and click the Payment option. Now click on the Cancel membership option to end the trial plan.
Over To You
I hope this post will help you to learn SEO via, Skillshare. However, if you are not interested in trying any platform, you can check out my beginner-friendly SEO post.