If you don’t know how to monetize your YouTube channel, then thats what you are going to learn here.
YouTube is a best platform where you can turn yourself from an ordinary person into a celebrity if you have a great fan following. (Well, luck also matters)
Just look at all the big YouTubers such as Pewdiepie, Superwoman, Logan Paul who are making millions. Thanks to YouTube.
However, I cant guarantee whether you’ll become millionaire or not. But, I do believe that you can definitely make a living with this platform.
But before that, you must have your own YouTube channel and you should know how to monetize it. Well, if you don’t have a channel yet, then you can check out this article to learn how to create a YouTube channel.
And for monetization, well, thats what I am going to show here. But make sure you have at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time else you won’t be able to monetize your channel.
Also, I created a new YouTube account for the sake of this article, so that I can show you exactly how it is done. So, spare with me.
MONETIZE YOUTUBE CHANNEL
WHAT IS GOOGLE ADSENSE?
It is a program designed for website publishers to display text, video or image ads on website pages & YouTube videos.
If your YouTube channel is Google Adsense approved, Google will post ads on your videos and you can make money if someone views & clicks them.
HOW DOES YOUTUBE MONETIZATION WORKS?
Once you are approved for monetization, YouTube analyzes your video to check whether you own all the copyrights in your video or not.
If your video is eligible, then YouTube place ads on or near them. If someone clicks or views those ads, you will earn some money.
However, you must know all the copyright & fair use to avoid getting copyright strike. To know more, visit YouTube’s Copyright Center.
HOW TO MONETIZE YOUTUBE CHANNEL – STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
- Sign in to your Youtube channel & click “Creator Studio”.
- Now click the “Channel” option as shown on the left side (red highlighted).
- After clicking, go to “Status & features page” where you can see monetization column. Just click the “enable button” as shown.
- This will open the monetization page where you need to complete four steps in order to monetize your Youtube channel. The first step is about agreeing to Partner Program terms. Just click “start button” as shown below.
- A window will open showing all the Youtube partner program terms. Just check all the terms & click “I accept button”.
- As I have completed my first step (green tick), I will head over to the 2nd step i.e “Sign up for Adsense”. Click “start button”.
- On the next page, click the”next button” as shown.
- Once clicked, you’ll land on the Adsense website. If you already have an Adsense account, then you can simply sign-in. However, if you don’t have an account, then make sure you sign-up by following all the steps.
- Click the “Yes” button & move on to the next page where you have to fill your personal details . Make sure to check “yes” on all the AdSense email preferences and click “submit my application button”.
- Now you have to verify your mobile number either by text message or by voice call. Just click “send verification code button” after choosing the appropriate option.
- Enter your verification code & click “Verify button”.
- A window will open where you have to accept the terms & conditions. Just check the box and click “Accept”.
- A pop-up message will be shown. Just click “Ok” and your 2nd process is done.
- Now here comes the 3rd step. Just click the “start button” for “set monetization preferences” option.
- You will see all the ad formats. Check all the ads and click “save”. That’s it.
- The last step is the review process.
This will be eligible for only those YouTubers whose channel has at least 10k views.This will be eligible for only those YouTubers who have at least 1000 subscibers and 4000 watch hours in the past 12 months. So, if you haven’t reached that mark, then you can’t monetize your channel. But if you are eligible, then submit your channel.
- Now, if you will click on the “Adsense settings” mentioned below step 2 (Adsense requested). You will get a message that your channel is under review and it will take approx 3 days for approval as shown below. During this time, you can check your channel status by clicking “Associated Adsense account” option under “Adsense Requested”.
- So after getting approval, you will receive an email something like this.
That’s how you monetize your channel.
HOW TO CHECK WHETHER YOUR VIDEO IS MONETIZED OR NOT?
- In order to check whether your video is monetized, simply go to Creator Studio > Video Manager. You will see a “green $ sign” when your video is monetized.
- If you can’t find that green $ sign, then click edit video option. (my video is already monetized).
- Click the “Monetization tab” as shown below.
- After that, turn ON the “monetize with ads” option and check all different types of ads & click “Save changes button”. Congrats, your video is monetized.
That’s it. You see, its quite easy to monetize your channel and it will only take around 10 minutes excluding review process.
So, if you already own a YouTube channel with more than 1000 subscriber & 4000 watch time, then quickly apply for the Adsense program and start making money.
I hope this article was helpful to you. If you like this article, then don’t forget to share it on social media. Cheers.