When you click the links and ads on this blog, it helps me to pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting me! For more info, read the Disclosure page.
I bet you’ve heard about Quora and you’re curious about how to get traffic from Quora. Well, you’re in luck because I’m going to share a complete roadmap on how to get started.
You will discover:
- The proper way to create a profile.
- How to select the best questions to answer.
- The secrets to writing answers that get upvotes.
- Tips on making Quora visitors click on your post link.
Are you searching for answers to these questions? Then make sure to read this guide all the way to the end. But before we dive in, let’s explore what Quora actually is.
- What is Quora?
- 3 Benefits Of Using Quora
- 6 Steps You Must Follow To Drive Quora Traffic
- Step 1: Crafting Your Profile Headline (Credentials)
- Step 2: Make a Blog Post List
- Step 3: Select Questions to Answer
- Step 4: Identifying the Best Questions
- Step 5: Answer The Questions
- Step 6: Improve Your Answer Ranking
What is Quora?
Quora is a question & answer platform created in 2009, having over 190 million unique visitors every month. Just like Yahoo answers, here also users ask & answer different questions.
Most of the traffic on Quora comes from the US (37.7%) & India (18.3%). So, if your target audience resides in these countries, it can be a great platform to drive traffic to your blog.
3 Benefits Of Using Quora
You might be wondering whether investing time in Quora traffic is worth it and whether it will engage your blog readers. Well, let’s dive into three awesome benefits of Quora traffic that can help you decide.
- First off, Quora traffic is super focused. See, most users are there to find solutions to their problems, so when you direct them to your blog post that tackles their issue, you’re not just getting engagement – you’re opening up the chance for affiliate sales too. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone!
- Now, when you answer questions on Quora, your responses stick around indefinitely. Unless Quora decides to hit the delete button, your answers keep on attracting visitors to your blog, even a year or two down the line. Imagine still getting traffic from answers you penned a year ago – talk about a lasting impact!
- But wait, there’s more! Quora is a powerhouse for building authority. Sharing your expertise can earn you major credibility points and a band of followers who hang on to your every word. You might even snag a spot in the “Most Viewed Writers” club in your category. All it takes is great answers and a knack for problem-solving.
So there you have it – targeted traffic, evergreen answers, and a boost in authority. Quora’s got some tricks up its sleeve, and they’re all geared to help you level up your blogging game. What’s not to love? What’s your take on these Quora benefits?
6 Steps You Must Follow To Drive Quora Traffic
Just writing won’t get Quora traffic to your blog. You have to follow specific strategies to do it right.
I’ve listed all the steps from start to finish that will help you build a great profile and attract visitors to your blog.
Step 1: Crafting Your Profile Headline (Credentials)
Let’s talk about making the most out of your Quora profile. Just signing up and answering questions won’t get you the results you’re after.
To really stand out as an authority in your field, there are a few steps you’ll want to follow. Let’s dive in.
A. Crafting Your Profile Headline (Credentials)
Your profile headline is key. It’s what shows up right under your name, so it’s like your digital business card.
Think of it as your introduction to the Quora community. If you’re an expert in SEO, for example, your headline could look something like this:
“SEO Expert at Yoursitename.com | Blogging Enthusiast | Helping Businesses Grow”
This quick blurb tells others who you are, what you’re great at, and what you’re passionate about. When people share your interests, they’re more likely to connect and engage with your answers.
B. Adding a Standout Description
Don’t miss out on the profile description section. Many folks breeze through this, but it’s a goldmine. Use it to give more insight into yourself and how you can help. It’s like a teaser for your expertise.
Here’s what you want to include:
- Your Experience: Highlight what makes you a pro in your field.
- Expertise Topics: List out the areas you’re knowledgeable in.
- Share Your Blog: Showcase your blog’s domain name.
- Social Media Link: Link up your social media presence.
- Top Blog Posts: Include links to your most popular blog articles to show off your expertise.
C. Curating Your “Knows About” Topics
Don’t overlook the “Knows About” section. This is where you choose topics that align with your expertise.
Let’s say you’re a whiz in online marketing. You can select topics like SEO, Blogging, and Affiliate Marketing. Quora will then serve you questions related to these topics in your feed, saving you the hunt.
Remember, your Quora profile isn’t just a digital badge. It’s a chance to showcase your know-how and connect with like-minded people. Make your profile shine by getting these key sections just right.
Step 2: Make a Blog Post List
Let’s dive into setting up your profile and curating a list of blog posts to promote on Quora. These steps will help you make a strong impact and build trust with your readers.
Start by jotting down those popular posts that have gained a lot of views and shares. These are your golden nuggets, as they’ve resonated well with your audience before.
Remember to also include guide-style posts that provide genuine value and assistance to your readers. These are the ones that truly help your audience, making them more likely to stick around.
Lastly, consider adding posts that cleverly interlink to your other content. This helps readers navigate through your blog, creating a seamless browsing experience.
Now, why go through all this effort? Well, imagine this scenario: you stumble upon a blog for the first time and read a post that’s neither engaging nor solves the problem it promised to. Would you return to that blog? Probably not.
But picture a different scene: you find another blog that hooks you right from the get-go and offers solutions to your problems. You’d be intrigued to explore more, right?
This is the same principle to apply on Quora. When first-time visitors land on your blog, you want them to encounter your top-notch posts for that great first impression. By doing this, you’re building trust in your expertise and insights.
So, remember to focus on those standout posts, the helpful guides, and the well-linked articles. This strategy ensures that anyone who visits your blog—whether through Quora or otherwise—will be captivated and find real value.
Step 3: Select Questions to Answer
Once you’ve gathered your top-performing blog posts, the next step is to pinpoint questions that are generating substantial attention and views. This strategy ensures quicker results when you provide answers.
Here are some methods to discover these high-engagement questions:
A. Google Search Method
This method is a personal favorite for uncovering popular questions on Quora related to any topic. These questions not only boast high view counts but also receive consistent traffic.
Linking your post to answers on these questions can effectively bring targeted visitors to your blog. Here’s how to find them:
- Launch Google and enter your post’s keyword followed by a Quora tag. In other words, type your keyword and add “Quora” to it. For instance, if your keyword is “ways to increase blog traffic,” your search term would be “ways to increase blog traffic Quora.”
- Hit the search button, and Google will present top-ranking Quora questions aligned with your search. These are the questions you should focus on to attract Quora visitors to your blog.
B. “Questions For You” Section
Quora offers a “Questions for you” section within your feed, suggesting questions based on your listed interests. If these questions match your post topics, answering them is beneficial.
Even if they’re not directly related, responding can enhance your credibility. Here’s how to find this section:
- Navigate to the Answer tab and select “Questions for you” on the left side.
- On this page, you’ll find questions that Quora suggests for you.
C. Answer Requests Section
Quora’s Answer Request feature enables users to direct questions to 15 different individuals. While starting, this section might be empty. But as your authority grows, you’ll see questions appearing here.
These questions may or may not align with your interests. However, responding to them enhances your profile’s overall authority. Locate this section:
Head to the Answers tab and click on “Answer request” on the left side.
Step 4: Identifying the Best Questions
Now that you’ve set up your profile, identified your target blog posts, and explored various methods to find questions, it’s time to identify the most impactful questions.
Smartly focusing on only the best questions is key, saving you time and effort.
Consider these steps:
- Evaluate the number of followers the question has. A question with numerous followers is promising because your response reaches all of them. When you reply to a question, all its followers receive a notification, leading them to your answer.
- Ensure the question has a substantial view count. The views indicate the question’s popularity. If it garners thousands or millions of views, sharing your answer here ensures heightened visibility.
In conclusion, concentrate on questions with over 1000 followers and thousands or millions of views. This approach guarantees that your answers reach a wider audience.
By working smartly and addressing high-engagement questions, you optimize your Quora strategy for maximum exposure and results.
Step 5: Answer The Questions
So, now that you know which questions to focus on, it’s time to provide your answers.
When you look at these answers, you’ll notice both longer, detailed ones and shorter ones.
Just go through them and see what they’ve covered. Pay attention to the points they’ve mentioned and the images they’ve used to support their answers.
Here’s the goal: create a superior answer that can gather the most upvotes (likes). Quora’s algorithm prioritizes answers with the most upvotes, pushing them to the top for more exposure.
More exposure leads to more views, which translates to more traffic for you.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while composing your answer:
- Write comprehensive and valuable answers that thoroughly address the issue.
- Divide your answers into smaller paragraphs. This prevents them from looking like one huge block of text. You can also emphasize key points by using bold text.
- Alongside shorter paragraphs, consider using bullet points. This enhances readability.
- Enhance the visual appeal of your answer by including images. Infographics can also be used if they fit.
- Most importantly, naturally incorporate a link to your blog post within your answer or at its conclusion.
- Avoid revealing everything. If you provide all the details, users might not feel the need to visit your blog post. (We’ll discuss this shortly.)
Things to steer clear of:
- Don’t make your answers dull. Lengthy answers can lose readers’ interest. Try incorporating humor, anecdotes, or personal experiences.
- Refrain from overusing your blog post link. Sometimes, it’s better to skip adding links to certain answers. This positions you as a helpful individual rather than someone merely promoting their blog.
- Avoid copying and pasting the exact same answer into similar questions. This practice appears spammy and could result in a ban.
By following these guidelines, you’ll create engaging and effective answers that draw attention and drive traffic to your blog. So, are you ready to put these tips into practice and see the impact on your content’s reach?
A. How To Drop Links
Quora’s moderators are pretty strict. If they spot anything fishy, they’ll ban your profile right away, no heads-up.
My first Quora profile got the boot because I was going a bit overboard with affiliate links. I got caught copy-pasting the same answer all over the place, and poof, banned.
This teaches a lesson about being smart with your links—whether they’re blog posts or affiliate stuff.
So, how do you drop links without raising eyebrows?
You can slide them right into your answer, like how you slip in links in a blog post using anchor text.
Or you can go, “For a deep dive and more insights, check out this post on my blog.” Bam, link inserted.
You know what’s cool? Throwing in links to other sites too. It’s like saying, “Hey, I’m not just about me.”
But here’s the kicker: Always remember, you’re here to help folks, not pitch your stuff. Keep it helpful, not salesy.
B. Don’t Give Away Everything
Imagine you’ve just solved a problem with all the info someone needs. Now, will users really bother to click the linked post when they’ve already got everything from your answer? Probably not!
Why? Because you’ve already spilled the beans. And that’s not the best strategy if you’re trying to promote your blog post. You need a few tricks up your sleeve to not just hand them the answer, but to also nudge them to check out your post. Here are a couple:
Let’s say your post is about 5 cool ways to tackle anxiety. When you’re answering, share 3 methods right off the bat, and give them a heads-up that there are two more awesome methods waiting in your post.
Another neat trick is to whip up a quick summary of your post and let users know they can dive into the nitty-gritty details by clicking your post link.
Both these tricks work like a charm, ensuring more clicks to your posts. So, next time you’re sharing your wisdom, remember to sprinkle a little curiosity to keep those clicks coming!
Step 6: Improve Your Answer Ranking
When it comes to grabbing readers’ attention, the top 3 answers on any question usually steal the spotlight. If your response isn’t among those top slots, you’re missing out on a golden opportunity to attract more visitors.
To secure a spot in the rankings, some extra effort is required to potentially boost your answer’s position. Quora takes certain factors into account when determining which answers get top billing. Let’s break them down:
- Upvotes and Views Matter: Answers with the most upvotes (likes) and views tend to shine brighter in the rankings. It’s a bit like a popularity contest, but with meaningful impact.
- Question Views and Upvotes on Quora: Remember, this refers to both the number of views and upvotes a particular question receives. These numbers play a role in determining the answer’s placement.
- Credibility Counts: Quora gives a nod to users who boast high view and upvote counts across their entire profile. This boost in credibility can give your responses an edge.
So, in a nutshell, aiming for those top slots can greatly amplify your reach. The key is garnering attention through upvotes and views, while also building a profile that exudes credibility. It’s a strategic dance that can lead to more eyes on your content.
Boosting Your Profile’s Credibility on Quora
If you’ve been part of the Quora community for a while, your answers carry more weight than those of new users. You can bolster your credibility by taking a few steps:
- Engage with Trending Questions: Always aim to respond to popular questions that appear in your feed. These questions might not always align with your main topic, but offering insights here can significantly boost your profile’s visibility and garner more upvotes.
- Share Knowledge Without Self-Promotion: It’s a good idea to answer some questions without including links to your own posts. This approach establishes you as a genuine contributor who’s genuinely interested in helping, not just self-promoting.
- Steer Clear of Affiliate Links: Avoid inserting affiliate links into your responses. Quora values users who genuinely contribute and provide assistance, rather than those who are solely focused on making money.
Remember, your presence and credibility on Quora grow as you authentically engage, share insights, and avoid any overly promotional behavior. This way, you become a reliable source of information that people trust. How have you personally seen these strategies play out in your own experience?
Congratulations on reaching this point! It’s a noteworthy achievement, as not everyone finds their way here. So, a big thumbs up to you!
By following the steps I’ve talked about and writing at least 1-2 answers daily, you’ll definitely notice a boost in your monthly traffic. What’s more, your answers will linger on this platform for quite a while, consistently bringing visitors to your blog.
- Tips to improve your blog traffic
- Top blogging tools and resources to use
- Top tips to make money from blogging