I was just surfing through a forum when I read a question. The question was
“How do I generate long-term traffic that keeps on coming without always promoting the content?”
I am sure you may also wanna have this kind of traffic. I am also aware that you must be tired of promoting your content on social media on a daily basis.
Keeping that in mind, I think this post is right for you.
Why Is It right?
Because as you all know that I will be talking about Quora & Quora traffic. You may or may not be familiar with it.
You may also have tried your hands on Quora. Right?
But still no results!
Because you might be doing it in a wrong way. And that’s what I will be talking here. I will tell you the exact right method to use Quora in order to drive longtime traffic.
Apart from a longtime traffic, this will also be highly targeted traffic which can also increase your ad revenue.
So, if you still wanna continue reading, then let’s look into it.
How To Drive Quora Traffic
What Is Quora?
Quora is a question & answer platform which was created in 2009 & has more than 190 million unique visitors every month. Just like Yahoo answers, people ask several questions here and other people reply to their query.
Well, most of the traffic on Quora comes from USA (37.7%) & India (18.3%). So, if your target audience resides in these countries then Quora is a great traffic generating platform for you.
Other benefits of Quora
- Traffic coming from Quora is highly targeted traffic. This means more e-mail sign-ups & low bounce rate.
- Long lasting traffic, unlike social media where you have to keep promoting regularly to generate traffic
Quora Is For Whom?
If you love to solve problems for other bloggers by giving them helpful answers, then Quora is definitely for you.
Note I mentioned “Helpful Answer”. You might be thinking like what’s a big deal in that?
On Quora, it’s not about writing one or two sentence answer. Instead, you need to write a long & detailed answer with images that actually adds a lot of value.
If you can do this for most of the answer, then congrats, you can be a Quorian (made up myself :-D).
6 Steps You Must Follow To Drive Quora Traffic
Now as I mentioned above, simply writing anything won’t drive traffic to your blog. Instead, you need to follow certain things to do it in a right way.
Here I will walk you through the exact steps of using Quora. Each step is important so don’t skip it. If you agree to follow all the steps, then let’s jump into it.
1. Create Your Quora Profile The Right Way
I know if you want to use Quora, you have to make a profile. But only signing up and start answering the question doesn’t make any sense.
Instead, you have to set up your profile in such a way that if any Quorian visits your profile, they should know that you are an expert in your niche.
Now how would you do that?
Simple, by filling details in your profile. Below are the places you must concentrate while setting up your profile.
a. Fill Your Credentials
Credentials are nothing but a headline of your profile. These credentials will appear below your profile name. So whether you answer any question or ask any question, these credentials will be visible to all the Quorians.
What should we write in Credentials?
You should mention your expertise in whatever field you are. Suppose, if you are an SEO expert, then mention something like
SEO Expert at yoursitename.com
SEO Consultant | Blogger |
This will let other Quorians know who you are & what is your interest. If people from your interest finds you, they will definitely follow.
b. Fill Your Description
A description is a great place to let others know more about you and what can you do for others. If Quorians lands on your profile, you can either redirect them to your blog or to your popular blog post.
Many people don’t take advantage of description section and simply fill it. That’s wrong & you should avoid it.
Instead, you need to include following details in this section which will further let other Quorains know more about you.
- Your experience
- Your expertise topics
- Include your website domain name
- Include your social site’s link
- Include links to your most popular blog post (this will drive traffic to them)
You can see above description as reference.
c. Select Topics In “Knows About Section”
In this section, you need to choose topics on whom you wanna answer. If you are into Online marketing, then you should go for SEO, Blogging, Affiliate marketing etc.
Based on whatever topic you choose, Quora will show all the questions related to that topic. In this way, you don’t have to run for questions as it will be available in your feed.
You can find this section by going into your profile and then look at the bottom right section.
2. Make A List Of Blog Post
After you have set up your profile, it’s time to list down all the blog post that you wanna promote on Quora.
Basically, make a list of those blog post that is
- Popular ( has lots of views & shares)
- Well written & detailed (valuable & helpful for readers)
- Has lots of interlinking to your other post
Now you might be thinking why all this?
I wanna ask you one thing. If you visit a blog post which is shit, will you return back? NO.
But instead, if you land on a post that actually helps you to solve your problems, I am damn sure you will be coming again & again to that website. Moreover, you may also subscribe it. Isn’t it?
Same ideology you need to apply in Quora also. You want visitors to land on your best post so that they have a good impression of your blog.
3. Select Questions To Answer
After you have made a list of blog post, its time to find questions related to them. You need to find & target those questions which are getting a lot of attention & views (Obviously related to your blog post)
Below are some of the ways you can find those questions.
a. Search On Google (My Favourite Method)
This is my favorite method to find questions on Quora. The questions you are getting from this method have a lot of traffic from both Google & Quora itself.
Answering these questions with a link to your blog post will surely increase traffic to your blog. However, there is a way to write answers which I will discuss in a couple of minutes.
Let’s see how this method works.
- Go to Google & search your “article keyword” with “Quora tag” in it. What I meant is, type your keyword & add Quora word at the end. For example, if my keyword is “Increase traffic to blog”, then I would search it on Google like this “Increase traffic to blog Quora”.
- Now what will happen, Google will show all the top ranking Quora questions related to this keyword. You need to target these questions because it has a lot of traffic.
- So, if you drop your answer with a link to your blog post, then you can drive some serious traffic to your blog.
b. Questions For You Section
There is a section in Quora where they themselves suggest questions for you according to your interest. Answering these questions will also get you a lot of views.
If these questions match with your content, then answer them. However, if the questions aren’t relevant to your topic, still answering them will increase your credibility. (we will discuss this shortly)
To find this section,
- Go to Answer and click on the “Questions for you” tab on the left side.
- The questions popping up are the one that Quora is suggesting.
c. Answer Request Section
Quora has an “Answer Request” feature where a Quorian can ask a question to 15 different people. If you have questions in this section, then this probably means that someone has requested you to answer it.
If you are just starting out, you won’t see any questions here. But as your Quora authority increases, slowly you will see questions popping up.
These questions may or may not be related to your interest (mostly it will be related). But when you answer these questions, it will have more authority & importance than the rest of the answers.
So, whenever you get these questions, simply answer them. You can find this section by going to Answers and then click on the “Answer request” tab on the left side.
d. Questions in your feed
You can also find questions in your home feed section. These are based on your preferences which you choose while creating your profile.
So mostly, you can find your niche related questions along with some popular questions (other topics).
4. Sorting The Questions
Right now you have your profile, list of blog post & questions. Now what?
It’s time to answer them. But before that, you just don’t want to randomly answer each and every question. It’s actually time-consuming.
And you need to work smarter rather than harder. Right?
So instead of answering everything, you need to sort out questions that have higher chances to drive traffic to your blog.
So how will you do the sorting?
To do sorting, you need to look following factors in questions before answering them.
- Check out how many followers does the question have. If a question has thousands of followers, then it’s a great sign. When you answer such questions, all the followers of that particular question will receive a notification. Clicking that notification will take them to your answer & thus your answer will be in front of thousands of people.
- You should also check views on the question. Views show how popular that question is. If a question is having thousands or millions of views, then dropping your answer will be a great way to have more exposure. You can check this by clicking a question and finding the stats in the bottom right corner.
So, If the questions have either one or both the factors, then these are the perfect questions to answer.
5. It’s Time To Answer These Question
So, now you have popular questions on your list which have a lot of views & followers. However, they will also have a lot of answers from other Quorians.
Some may be short, others will be long. Have a look at them and see what all they are highlighting & how did they present their answer.
Now, the key point is that you have to write an answer that should be outstanding from these answers.
How do you write them?
- Write long and helpful answers. Longer answers tend to show up on top of other answers.
- Answers you write should be clean with short paragraphs.
- Include bullet points which makes it more readable.
- Include images in your answer to make Quorians more engaged.
- Drop your blog post link while answering.
- Don’t give away everything (we will discuss this in a couple of minutes)
What not to do
- Writing boring answers. People usually don’t read long boring answers. Try to include humor, storytelling or personal experience in it.
- Avoid spamming the answers with your blog post. Instead, make it look like natural.
- Do not copy & paste the same answer in other questions as this looks spammy which will result in banning.
a. How to drop links
Quora moderators are quite strict. If they sense something spammy, they will straight away ban your profile without giving any warning.
My first profile was banned just because I was promoting an affiliate link in an unnatural way. So you need to be careful while dropping links.
So, how do we drop links?
- You can drop it naturally within your answer just like you interlink your blog post with others by an anchor text while writing the content.
- Another way is to include something like this “To find a more detailed answer with more insights, you can check out this post on my blog” and then link your blog post.
You can sometimes link other websites too which shows that you are not here to promote your content.
At last, just remember that you are answering a question because you want to help them by providing valuable feedback. It shouldn’t sound like as if you are selling your content.
b. Don’t give away everything
Suppose, you answered a question that has all the info. Reading that answer will definitely solve the targeted problem.
Now just tell me one thing, if they are already satisfied with your answer, will they make an effort to click your blog post link?
Because you already gave away everything.
Therefore, you need to make sure that you don’t make such mistakes & follow below steps:
- Answer a question and add lines such as “If you check out my blog post, I have an additional method through which you can solve your problem instantly”. If anybody reads it, they will surely visit your website. Therefore, always have something to offer to the readers so that they have a reason to visit your blog.
- Another method is writing a summary of your blog post as an answer & then point them to a more detailed answer via your blog post link.
I hope you got the idea of what to do. So, always remember to follow above points if you are answering to promote your blog post.
6. Improve Ranking Of Your Answers
After writing your answer, it may get lost in the ocean of other answers. As many Quorian only read top 3 answers on Quora. Thus, answers falling in top 3 has more chances for exposure.
So, it is important that you should make sure that your answer ranks well. Quora considers some factors that determine which answer to place on top
- Answers which are having the most upvotes (likes) are placed better.
- If the answer has a lot of views, they are more likely to place on top.
- Answers which are written by Quorians who already have lots of views & upvotes overall to their profile are given more importance. (Credibility)
How to improve overall credibility of your profile
The third point mentioned above is directly linked with credibility. Along with answering questions, you should also concentrate on improving your credibility.
This results in more exposure of your answer which results in more views & upvotes.
So, how do you improve it?
- Try to answer those questions which are popular. Popular questions are mostly shown in your feed. These questions may or may not be related to your topic. But answering them gives you a good chance to increase views & upvotes.
- Answer some questions without dropping your link. This is a good practice as this doesn’t make you look like spammy Quorian who is always promoting his content.
- Avoid using any affiliate links on your answers as this shows that you are just here to make some dimes which may affect your profile.
Result Of Your Hard Work
First, give yourself a tap on your back because you made it till here which is amazing.
Now let’s talk about how it works?
A well-written answer targeting your blog post will be staying up on Quora for a long time.
As Quora has millions of visitors every month, every now & then people will be reading your answers. If they like it, they will surely visit your blog & BAM here is your traffic.
One more thing, people only visit a question if they are really interested in it. These types of readers are known as Highly targeted readers. If you can drive them to your blog, then its well & good.
So, you see, a single answer can help you to drive traffic for a long time. Think about it, if you have 20-50 well-written answers on Quora, how much traffic it would garner overtime?
Also, the longevity of Quora answers is more than a tweet, Fb post or Pinterest pin. So, make sure your answers are worth to divert visitors from Quora to your blog.
Writing 3-5 answers on a weekly basis will be enough. The more answers you write, the more traffic you will generate.
Final Note – Quora Traffic
That’s all guys. At last, I just wanna say that implement all these steps & see the result for yourself.
If you are already using another platform for traffic, then I would suggest concentrating on that. It’s better to master one platform at a time rather than trying everything at once.
If you have any question or suggestion regarding Quora, then do comment below. I would love to read it.
Also, If you can, then do subscribe my blog for latest updates. Cheers!