Isn’t it be great if there was a tool that can manage, optimize and grow your YouTube channel without much hassle?
A tool that can provide you valuable data that can be used to improve your channel?
Well, if that’s the case, I introduce you to TubeBuddy.
This tool has everything a YouTuber need to grow his channel and ignoring it might be your biggest mistake.
In this TubeBuddy review, I will be highlighting every aspect of this amazing tool that can help you decide whether it is your cup of tea or not.
So, if you are someone who created or owns a YouTube channel but struggling to grow it, then you must definitely read it till the end.
Key Features – TubeBuddy Review 2019
- It lets you track the ranking of all your videos.
- Backup your title, tags, description, etc of all your videos in excel or google docs file.
- Let you know the best time to upload videos when your audience is most active.
- You can compare the analytics of your channel with your competitor’s channel.
- Ability to view analytics for any video.
- Lets you create thumbnails for videos within TubeBuddy.
- Save all the list of tags that you use frequently and use them in videos with just a single click.
- Find easy rankable tags that can rank your video when included in the title & description of videos.
What is TubeBuddy?
TubeBuddy is a browser extension (aka browser plugin) that includes a set of tools directly on top of YouTube’s website that can be used to grow & optimize your channel.
What does it do?
Using this tool, you can do the following things
- Bulk updates like adding annotations or cards to all the videos with just a few clicks
- Export subscribers list along with their social profile
- Get a detailed analysis of your competitor’s channel
- Find tags of any video and use it in yours & much more
When was it released?
TubeBuddy was launched in December 2014. The company has been making tools for YouTube for more than 11 years since before YouTube was even known. So, this makes them even more trustable.
Who is This Tool For?
- Creators – It is aimed at those creators who want to grow their channel and engage with their audience. Creators who want to streamline their workflow so that they can give more time in creating great contents.
- For Brands – It is for brands who want to focus on more productive work and at the same time grow their business on YouTube.
- For Agencies – Agencies can take advantage of this tool by managing their client’s channel with ease.
- For Networks – They can offer this tool to their partners for success.
Is TubeBuddy YouTube Certified?
Yes, it is YouTube certified tool and is used by over one million users around the world. Here are a few screenshots as proof.
Overview of Features – Best YouTube SEO Tool
TubeBuddy offers a variety of features which makes managing YouTube channel easier & more productive.
I have divided all the features into 4 categories.
1. Quick Links
These are basically links provided on its interface that can be quickly accessed just by a click. It includes:
- Dashboard – Navigate to your channel dashboard
- My Videos – Navigate to your uploaded video list
- Playlists – Directs to your playlist
- Live Streaming – Navigate to your Live streaming page
- Comments – Directs to your comment section. You can reply to each comment without going into the video directly.
- Messages – Navigate to your message section
- Subscribers – Navigate to your subscriber’s list where you can export them to CSV file along with other details.
- Analytics | Real-time – You can go directly to your analytics & real-time page.
2. Extension Tools
Extension tools are the tools which make TubeBuddy special.
Using these tools, you can rank your videos on the first page for certain keywords & you can also boost its views.
These tools include:
- Keyword Explorer
- Video Topic Planner
- Best Time To Publish
- Tag list
Let’s see each one in detail.
A. Keyword Explorer
Keyword Explorer is a YouTube keyword research tool. which helps you to find less competitive keywords that can be added in your video title and description for ranking.
These keywords are easier to rank which helps you to rank your video on the first page which eventually boost your views.
You can access this feature by navigating to the TubeBuddy icon and then click Keyword Explorer under Extension tools.
Still having any doubt? Let’s look at an example.
Suppose, I want to create & rank a video on Omelette. For this, I need to choose a keyword that is easy to rank on the first page.
So, when I searched the keyword “How to make an omelet” in Keyword explorer.
You can see it is showing Poor score due to high competitiveness.
But when I searched “How to make an omelet with cheese” (auto-suggested keyword), it is showing a very good score.
So, now if I target this keyword in my video title and description, I have the best chances to rank on the first page.
B. Video Topic Planner
Using this tool, you can save all your future video related topics in one place.
You can save all your ideas in this section along with notes which can be accessed with just a few clicks.
To access it, navigate to the TubeBuddy icon and then click Video topic planner under Extension tools.
As an example, I saved 3 video topics.
C. Best Time to Publish
There are times when you upload your video and barely gets any views. However, sometimes you get more views instantly after uploading the video.
How does this happen?
Well, its all about the right time.
With this feature, you can find out the best time to upload your videos when your subscribers or audience are more active.
You can find out which day of the week & at which time, your audience was more active.
Uploading at this time can give you more early views and engagement.
You can access it by navigating to the TubeBuddy icon and then click on “Best Time To Publish” option under Extension tools.
As you can see, it is suggesting to me the best time to upload the videos i.e. on Saturday at 10:00 am. Seriously, how cool is that?
You can also shuffle the time between subscribers and non-subscribers.
D. Tag Lists
Being a YouTuber, you have to use some tags that are repetitive in every video.
Writing the same tag over and over again is time-consuming and hectic as well.
Guess what, you can use the Tag List feature where you can store all your repetitive tags that can be implemented on your video using the import from list option.
3. Website Tools
TubeBuddy gives you some special website tools that help you to visualize your channel analytics in many different ways. These include:
- Launch Pad – This is basically a TubeBuddy dashboard where you can access all the videos.
- Health Report – If you want to know which video is doing great & which isn’t, you can track all that from here along with analytics – demographics, search traffic, related videos, watch time, etc
- Valuation – If you have a decent number of subscribers, then you can use this feature to know how much to charge from brands for shoutouts. Additionally, you can know your channel’s worth in terms of dollars which eventually indicates whether it is on a rising or falling side.
- Competitor Scorecard – You can compare your channel with your competitor in terms of views, subscribers & uploads. You can also export a printable report showing data about your competitors.
- Brand Alerts – As a brand, you can use this feature to get alerts when someone uploads videos about your brand.
- A/B Test – Using this option, you can try different types of thumbnails, titles, description on your video and see which one works best for you. It also lets you know whether your search traffic will get affected if you tweak your title, description or tags.
- BackUps & Export – You can backup your channel’s video title, tags, description, etc in excel or google docs file.
- Canned Responses – If you are tired of answering messages having the same repetitive questions, then this feature will let you personalize your message to write them faster.
- Promo Materials – This option will convert all your videos, thumbnails, channel banner into links which you can share on social media for promotion.
- Search Rank tracking – Using this feature, you can view the current ranking of your videos along with the tags that are helping for ranking.
- Usage Statistics – This feature shows all the different usage statistics which includes time saved by using TubeBuddy & productivity cost.
- Setting – Clicking this will lead to your settings page where you can configure TubeBuddy.
Pretty impressive features right? Now, let’s move on to the fourth category.
4. Productivity Tools
There are many tools in this category. However, I will only discuss a few of them that are important. So, let see what are those tools:
- Publish to Facebook – You can publish your video directly to Facebook with just one click. All you need to do is click TubeBuddy icon by going to the video list & then select “Publish To Facebook” option.
- Thumbnail Generator – You can create your own video thumbnail without visiting any photo editing tool. Simply click “Thumbnail Generator” under edit video option.
- Share Tracker – Using this feature, you can share your videos on multiple social media platforms and it also lets you track which ones you’ve shared on which social media. You can navigate this feature by clicking on Share Tracker under edit option.
- Social Monitor – Using Social Monitor, you can see who all are sharing your video on which Social platforms.
You can find more features here
How to Install TubeBuddy
Now let’s see how to install TubeBuddy extension on Google Chrome browser. Same can be done for Firefox, Safari & IE too.
- First, go to TubeBuddy website & then click Install Free On Chrome.
- A window will open. You need to click Add to Chrome button on the upper right side.
- It will automatically install the extension on Chrome and you will see this icon on the top right side.
- Now log in to your Youtube channel & you will see this message which means that you’re not logged in to TubeBuddy.
- To sign-in, simply click TubeBuddy icon and then click Sign in with Youtube button.
- Next window will ask for permission. Click Allow.
- After it has been connected, you will see this green message. Congratulations, TubeBuddy is successfully installed & connected to your channel.
Now, if you want to know the statistics of any video, simply visit and check its stats like tags, summary, social shares & many other features. You can see below screenshot for reference.
Pros & Cons
Plans – Free & Premium
Now there are four plans which TubeBuddy offers. One is free & the other three are premium (paid) plans.
1. Free Plan
It offers a free version which is suitable for beginners.
However, the free version has limited features of Extension & Productivity tools which make it less effective in comparison with other plans.
But, if you are getting started or want to try this tool, this is the most suitable plan for you.
2. Pro Plan
This plan will cost you $9/mo & you can access most of the Productivity & Video optimization tools.
This is great for those who have a decent number of subscribers & want to try their premium plan
3. Star Plan
This plan will cost you $19/mo and it provides all the feature that Pro plan offers. Along with that, you get bulk processing tools that can save a lot of time.
4. Legend Plan
This plan has no boundaries as they offer all the features for just $39/mo. You will have the power of its advanced functionality for maximum results.
It is more suitable for those YouTubers who have a good number of subscribers and already earning money from it.
Using this plan, they can further enhance, manage & grow their Youtube channel.
Yes, the good thing about Tubebuddy is that they provide some bunch of discounts so that you can decide whether you wanna try them or not.
You can take advantage of their discount plan if you fall under the below categories:
1. Less Than 1000 Subscribers
If your YouTube channel has less than 1000 subscribers, then you can get a 50% discount on Pro plan. This means you will just have to pay $4.50/mo instead of $9.
2. Yearly Plan
If you decide to go for a yearly plan, you can get 20% off on all of its plans.
3. Multiple Channels
If you have multiple YouTube channel and want to have TubeBuddy license for all of them, then you can get a substantial discount on bulk purchase. You can contact their support team regarding the same.
4. Partnered With MCN
TubeBuddy works with different YouTube Networks who offer free TubeBuddy Star level upgrades to their partners. If you work under any MCN network, then you can ask them for the same.
5. Part of a Non-Profit
If you work for 501(c)(3) Organizations, then you can get 25% off on any TubeBuddy plans.
Being a TubeBuddy member, if you think that’s all you get, then you are absolutely wrong.
Buying the paid plan can land you into many perks. It gives some special privilege to the paid members that are amazing for YouTube creators.
Below are the perks:
- Amazon Alexa – By installing Amazon Alexa app and enabling TubeBuddy in it will give you the ability to ask anything related to YouTube. Whether it is the live subscriber count or the performance of the recently uploaded video, you can get a voice update on anything. All you need to do is Ask Alexa.
- Audio Hero – Audio Hero is a website that offers 250,000 Premium Royalty free music tracks & sound effects.
- Tuber Tools – They offers High-Quality Graphics and Video Effects for your YouTube Channel.
- Juke Deck – Juke Deck is a Musical Artificial Intelligence website which creates computer-generated audio tracks automatically. You can use them in your videos.
- Epidemic Sound – It provides cutting-edge production music for your YouTube Content.
- 3 Play Media – If you want captions for your videos, then they provide professionally transcribed captions for your YouTube Videos.
- YouTube Starter Kit – If you are looking for templates for channel art, thumbnails, YouTube end cards, YouTube live and also some guides on how to grow your channel and what equipment and software to buy, then you can buy YouTube Starter Kit which is provided by Awesome Creator Academy.
- YouTube Stock – Download Professional 4K no-copyright motion graphics and sounds from them.
Here is a comparison table for all the perks.
To View The Above Table, Mobile Users Can Scroll From Right To Left
If I talk about my experience, it was just awesome. Though I wasn’t a pro-YouTuber and did Youtubing for like 1-2 years before starting this blog. (I will again start a channel pretty soon)
During that time, I came to know about Tubebuddy by reading an article where many people shared their positive experience with it.
This made me intrigue & I signed up for their free plan.
After installing, I was pretty amazed by seeing all the tools on my YouTube channel.
It was like a place where you can manage all your YouTube channel activity with ease.
After impressed by their service, I upgraded to their Pro plan to have access to its other tools as well.
To be honest, if you want to grow your channel, you need to know the activities of your audience.
Like what they like, what they dislike, when they are active and much more which is very crucial for making future videos.
And gladly, TubeBuddy is a great tool to track all this stuff.
I have even seen big YouTubers who have installed this tool on their channel & I can definitely understand why they prefer this tool.
So, overall my experience was awesome and it has helped me to save a lot of time.
Final Verdict – TubeBuddy Review
Well, I love this tool and have been using it for almost one year without any problem.
As I am a blogger, so I spend most of my time blogging and not on YouTube.
But I can certainly tell that this tool is definitely worth the time. You can save a heck lot of time and can invest more time in content creation.
This is an all-in-one YouTube SEO tool on steroids to manage your channel no matter whether it is big or small.
My recommendation will be to try the free version first and if you liked it, then go for its paid plan.
That’s all guys. I hope you liked my review. If you have any questions, you can drop that in the comment section. Cheers.