When you click the links and ads on this blog, it helps me to pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting me! For more info, read the Disclosure page.
Unlock financial opportunities with legit money-making apps, your solution to earning on the move.
This guide dives into the best apps that promise real cash and rewards for your time—right from your smartphone. Get started now to boost your income effortlessly.
- 38 Legit Money-Making Apps
- Survey and GPT Apps
- Investment Apps
- Game Apps
- Data Collection Apps
- Apps that Pay to Walk
- Apps that Pay to Exercise
- Cashback and Reward Apps
- Selling and Marketplace Apps
- Freelancing and Gig Apps
- Language and Learning Apps
- Miscellaneous Apps
38 Legit Money-Making Apps
This list provides a variety of apps that cater to different interests and skills, from completing simple tasks to engaging in financial investments.
Let’s dive into the options that can help you increase your earnings with minimal effort.
Survey and GPT Apps
Making money through Surveys and GPT apps is a practical way to earn some extra cash.
You can earn rewards by taking surveys, completing tasks, or watching videos on your device. Here’s a look at some popular apps in this category:
Swagbucks offers a variety of ways to earn points, known as SB, which can be exchanged for gift cards or cash.
- How It Works: Users sign up and complete activities like surveys, shopping online, or playing games to earn SB.
- Average Earnings: Users can expect to earn anywhere from $0.25 to $2 per survey, with other tasks varying in payout.
InboxDollars pays cash for everyday online activities, with a $5 sign-up bonus.
- How It Works: Users who sign up can earn by reading emails, taking surveys, and watching videos.
- Average Earnings: Online surveys pay varying amounts, usually ranging from $0.50 to $5, with potential for higher rewards.
Survey Junkie is a straightforward platform for earning cash by sharing your opinion.
- How It Works: Members take surveys matched to their profile. Points earned can be redeemed for cash via PayPal or gift cards.
- Average Earnings: You earn $0.01 for each point, and surveys offer between 100 to 200 points.
You can use these apps for extra income in your free time. The earnings can add up and lead to a sizable amount with consistent effort.
Investing can help you grow your wealth, and modern technology makes it easy to begin.
These apps make markets accessible to all, whether you’re a pro or just starting out.
Let’s explore some trusted investment apps, how they work, and what returns you can anticipate.
Robinhood revolutionized the investment app space by offering commission-free trading, making it financially accessible for anyone to buy and sell stocks.
- How It Works: Users can manage their portfolio through a simple app interface, making trades without needing to pay brokerage fees. Robinhood also provides options and cryptocurrency trading.
- Average Earnings: While earnings are not guaranteed and will depend on the market and user strategy, Robinhood’s approach is particularly appealing to new investors looking to enter the market with lower risk.
Acorns is designed for passive investor interested in growing their savings over time without actively managing their investments.
- How It Works: The app’s round-up feature invests your spare change from everyday transactions into diversified portfolios, easing users into the habit of investing.
- Average Earnings: Users typically see modest returns that align with market performance, reflecting the conservative, long-term investment approach of Acorns.
Stash caters to those who want to learn while they earn, providing educational content alongside investment services.
- How It Works: It enables investment in fractional shares with as little as $5 and offers a personalized mix of stocks and ETFs to fit the user’s goals.
- Average Earnings: Like any investment platform, returns can vary, but Stash facilitates a learning environment to help users make informed investment decisions.
Betterment stands out as a robo-advisor that simplifies the investment process through automated, algorithm-driven financial planning services with little to no human supervision.
- How It Works: After assessing your financial goals and risk appetite, Betterment carefully allocates your investments across a global portfolio of ETFs.
- Average Earnings: Betterment’s strategies, such as automated portfolio rebalancing and tax-loss harvesting, aim to optimize returns, which historically have been competitive with traditional investment methods.
Investment apps are tools that can help achieve financial goals, but it’s important to consider the associated risks and perform due diligence before committing funds.
Game apps offer a fun way to earn extra cash or rewards by playing mobile games.
These gaming apps can help you earn money while enjoying your hobby. Let’s explore some popular choices:
The Mistplay app lets gamers earn rewards while playing.
With its engaging loyalty program for gamers, you can discover new games and earn points simultaneously.
- How It Works: Play games from the Mistplay mix list to accumulate points. Playing more often results in earning more points.
- Average Earnings: Many users make $0.50 to $5.00 per hour, redeemable for gift cards from top retailers.
Solitaire Cash adds a competitive edge to classic Solitaire, letting you win real cash prizes through skill and speed.
- How It Works: Participate in tournaments against other players to win cash prizes based on your ranking.
- Average Earnings: The income depends on skill level and how often you play, with top players earning big rewards.
10. Bingo Cash
Bingo Cash makes bingo a fun and competitive way to win real-time money against others.
- How It Works: Engage in bingo games to win real cash. The competitive aspect adds to the thrill and the potential for earnings.
- Average Earnings: Payouts depend on the entry fee and the number of competitors, but players can win anywhere from a few dollars to hundreds per game.
You can explore more apps in my post “Best gaming apps that pay PayPal money“.
Data Collection Apps
Data Collection Apps offer a way to make money by sharing data such as app usage, internet habits, and device metrics.
These apps collect data to help companies enhance their products, services, and user experiences. They run quietly in the background as you use your device.
Let’s explore how top data collection apps operate and what you can earn from them.
Nielsen is a well-known market research firm that extends its data collection to mobile users.
- How It Works: By installing the app, your device anonymously sends data about internet usage and app behavior.
- Average Earnings: Participants can earn up to $50 per year in points redeemable for gift cards or merchandise.
Honeygain allows users to earn by sharing their unused internet bandwidth.
- How It Works: The app uses your device’s internet connection to gather bits of information from the web, contributing to Honeygain’s crowdsourced web intelligence network.
- Average Earnings: Users can expect to earn anywhere from $5 to $40 per month depending on the amount of data shared.
This research company collects data on internet habits to understand trends and behaviors.
- How It Works: After you install the app, it runs in the background, collecting data on your internet activity, with privacy maintained.
- Average Earnings: Members earn credits weekly that can be exchanged for gift cards, with a $5 credit after the first week.
To explore more apps like these, check out my post on top data collection apps that pay.
Apps that Pay to Walk
In a digital age where fitness and technology blend seamlessly, ‘Apps that Pay to Walk‘ offer a unique opportunity to earn rewards simply by walking.
These apps incentivize physical activity, promoting a healthier lifestyle while providing tangible benefits like digital currency, goods, or even real money.
Sweatcoin converts steps into a digital currency called ‘sweatcoins’ that can be spent on goods, services, and experiences.
- How it Works: It runs in the background of your smartphone and counts your outdoor steps throughout the day. Accumulated steps are converted into sweatcoins.
- Average Earnings: Users can typically earn around 0.95 sweatcoins for every 1,000 steps, with various items and services available for redemption.
StepBet encourages walking by letting users bet on themselves to meet their step goals.
- How it Works: Participants join a game and place a bet. The app sets personalized goals, and if you hit them for the entire game, you split the pot with other winners.
- Average Earnings: Earnings vary based on the bet and number of winners but expect to earn back your bet plus a profit if you meet your goals.
16. Fit For Bucks
Get moving and earn rewards with Fit For Bucks, an app that incentivizes everyday exercise.
- How It Works: Simply download the app, keep your smartphone on you, and start walking. The app tracks your steps, converting them into points that can be redeemed for rewards.
- Average Earnings: Rewards are more about lifestyle perks than cash. You can earn discounts, free products, or services from local businesses, depending on your activity level.
Apps that Pay to Exercise
With the growing focus on health and fitness, a novel way to motivate yourself to exercise has emerged: apps that pay you to stay active.
These apps offer financial incentives for meeting fitness goals, turning your workout sessions into opportunities for earning.
Not only do they support your physical health, but they also give your wallet a little boost.
HealthyWage leverages financial incentives to promote weight loss and fitness.
- How It Works: Users bet on their weight loss goal, choose a timeframe, and pay a monthly bet. If they achieve their goal by the end date, they win money.
- Average Earnings: Winnings vary based on the bet, but successful challengers can earn up to three times their wager.
DietBet is a community-driven app where users join weight loss challenges.
- How It Works: Participants put money into a pot and those who reach their weight loss targets within a set period share the pot.
- Average Earnings: The payout depends on the number of participants and the total pot, with many users earning 1.5 to 2 times their bet.
Optimity is a wellness app designed to incentivize daily exercise and healthy habits.
- How It Works: Users earn points by logging workouts, walking, and completing short health quizzes. Points can be redeemed for gift cards or health-related discounts.
- Average Earnings: While not substantial in terms of cash, consistent use can lead to regular rewards, contributing to overall health savings.
Discover more apps in my article about the best apps that pay you for exercise.
Cashback and Reward Apps
These apps reward you with cashback for purchases you’re already making, effectively saving you money on your shopping.
Ideal for frequent shoppers, they partner with retailers to offer you a percentage back on your spending or points that can be redeemed for cash or gift cards.
Here’s how you can turn your receipts into rewards with these popular apps:
Rakuten, formerly known as Ebates, is a pioneer in the cashback world.
- How It Works: Shop through the Rakuten app at your favorite stores to earn a percentage back on your purchases. Rakuten also offers exclusive deals and coupons.
- Average Earnings: Users can earn between 1% to 40% cashback depending on the retailer and current deals, with periodic bonus offers.
Ibotta is a user-friendly app that offers cashback on groceries and more.
- How It Works: Before shopping, add offers on products you plan to buy. After purchasing, upload your receipt to the app to redeem your cashback.
- Average Earnings: Most offers range from $0.25 to $5 in cashback. Consistent use can accumulate up to $20-$30 monthly.
Honey is a browser extension and app that automatically finds and applies coupon codes at checkout.
- How It Works: When shopping online, Honey pops up at checkout and searches for applicable coupons. If it finds one, it applies it to your cart instantly.
- Average Earnings: Savings vary by purchase, but Honey users often save around 10-20% on their transactions.
Dosh is a cashback app that offers a seamless way of earning money back.
- How It Works: Link your credit or debit cards to the app. When you shop at a participating store, Dosh automatically gives you cashback.
- Average Earnings: Dosh generally gives 2%-10% cashback, but earnings can be higher with special offers and promotions.
By integrating these apps into your shopping routine, you can effortlessly earn back a portion of your spending, making them a smart addition to your financial toolkit.
Selling and Marketplace Apps
Selling and marketplace apps have revolutionized the way we buy, sell, and trade items.
From decluttering your home to starting a small business, these platforms offer a convenient and often lucrative way to reach buyers directly from your smartphone.
Here’s a look at some popular choices, detailing how they function and what you might earn.
eBay is a global online marketplace known for its auction-style listings and a vast array of items.
- How It Works: Sellers list items, set a starting bid, or choose a ‘Buy It Now’ price. Buyers then bid or purchase outright.
- Average Earnings: Earnings vary widely depending on item value, demand, and competition. Some sellers make a few dollars, others run profitable stores.
Mercari offers a user-friendly platform for selling goods ranging from clothing to electronics.
- How It Works: Snap photos of your item, upload them with a description and set a price. Mercari provides shipping labels once a sale is made.
- Average Earnings: Sellers keep 90% of the sale price, with earnings depending on item popularity and pricing.
Poshmark specializes in the sale of fashion and accessories, providing a social twist to buying and selling.
- How It Works: Create a ‘closet’ to showcase your items, follow other users, and share listings to increase visibility. Shipping is simplified with prepaid labels.
- Average Earnings: Earnings can range from $5 for smaller items to several hundred for high-end brands, with Poshmark taking a 20% commission.
Freelancing and Gig Apps
The online world has transformed work with freelancing and gig apps, connecting skilled professionals to businesses and individuals needing services like writing, graphic design, and more.
These platforms offer flexible work hours, and the chance to build a portfolio, expand your network, and earn from home. Let’s explore some popular freelancing and gig apps.
Fiverr offers a unique twist on freelancing, where professionals list ‘Gigs’ or services starting at $5.
- How it Works: Freelancers create Gigs for the services they offer. Clients buy these Gigs directly, with the option for custom orders.
- Average Earnings: While services start at $5, many sellers earn more through package deals and upsells, with top earners making six figures annually.
TaskRabbit connects freelancers with local demand for everyday tasks, from moving services to furniture assembly.
- How it Works: ‘Taskers’ set their hourly rates and choose tasks that match their skills. Clients hire them through the app.
- Average Earnings: Taskers can set competitive rates, often between $20 and $70 per hour, depending on the task and location.
Language and Learning Apps
These apps connect knowledge seekers with experts, allowing users to learn new languages or subjects while providing educators with a platform to earn by sharing their expertise.
They’re ideal for both part-time income and full-time careers in education.
Italki brings language learners and teachers together for one-on-one language instruction.
- How It Works: Users sign up as either students or teachers. Teachers set their schedules and rates, while students browse profiles to find the right match. Sessions are conducted through video calls.
- Average Earnings: Teachers can set their own prices, typically ranging from $10 to $30 per hour, depending on the language and demand.
VIPKid is an online platform specifically for teaching English to children in China.
- How It Works: After a qualification process, teachers use VIPKid’s platform to conduct English lessons with children. The curriculum is provided by VIPKid.
- Average Earnings: Teachers can earn between $14 and $22 per hour, including incentives for performance and attendance.
Diversify your income streams with an array of unique money-making apps. You can monetize your assets through platforms like renting, selling photos, or driving.
Here’s how to make money from what you already have:
Turn your snapshots into cash with Foap, a photography marketplace app.
- How It Works: Upload your photos to the Foap marketplace. When someone purchases your photo, you split the profits with Foap 50/50.
- Average Earnings: The earnings per picture varies based on buyer requirements and photo quality, ranging from $5 to $100.
Airbnb helps you make money by sharing your extra space with travelers.
- How It Works: List your property or room on the app, set your price, and host guests. Airbnb provides host protection insurance for security.
- Average Earnings: Hosts’ earnings can greatly differ based on location, accommodation type, and occupancy rate. Some hosts make over $10,000 per year.
Uber is a ride app that helps you earn by driving passengers.
- How It Works: You can join as a driver, accept ride requests, and earn money for each completed trip. Your payments depend on the time and distance traveled.
- Average Earnings: Drivers in various cities can make around $15 to $25 per hour, which depends on factors like city rates and surge pricing.
Like Uber, Lyft allows you to earn money by sharing rides.
- How It Works: After joining Lyft as a driver, use the app to pick up passengers and earn money for each ride completed.
- Average Earnings: Lyft and Uber drivers earn about $15-$25 per hour, similar earnings.
By tapping into these apps, you can leverage personal assets and time to create a supplementary income stream, all from your smartphone.
Hello, I’m Mahesh Kumar U, the mind behind Lifez Eazy, your trusted source for authentic insights into the world of making money online. With a background in finance, I’ve been dedicated to providing honest and straightforward advice since 2017. My goal is to empower you with the knowledge and tools you need to make informed financial decisions.