When you click the links and ads on this blog, it helps me to pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting me! For more info, read the Disclosure page.
So you want to be a proofreader and you came across the Proofread Anywhere course.
But, before you invest any money, you want to know if it is truly worth it.
In this Proofread Anywhere review, I will go over everything a person should know before purchasing this course.
You will learn about the following topics:
- What benefits will you get from this course?
- Which proofreading course should you choose between General & Transcript proofreading?
- Is there a coupon/sale available?
- Is it accredited course?
- What are the complaints and negative reviews?
- Pros and cons and much more.
So, let’s get started!
- Benefits of Enrolling in Proofread Anywhere
- What is Included in Proofread Anywhere?
- How Much Does Caitlin Pyle’s Proofread Anywhere Cost?
- Proofread Anywhere Sale/Coupon Code
- Which Proofreading Course is Best in Proofread Anywhere?
- Is Proofreading Anywhere Worth the Money?
- Which is Better (Alternative): Knowadays (Proofreading Academy) Vs. Proofread Anywhere?
- Pros & Cons of Proofread Anywhere
- Proofread Anywhere Negative Reviews/Complaints
- Proofread Anywhere Controversy
- Is Proofread Anywhere Accredited?
- Final Conclusion – Proofread Anywhere Review
- Read Next:
- Pin this for Later:
Benefits of Enrolling in Proofread Anywhere
If you are going to spend money on a course, you should know how it will change your life.
Will the course help you achieve your goals, or will it be a complete waste of your money?
That’s why I’m starting my review by listing all of the major benefits of enrolling in this course. Simply read each benefit and see if it can help you in any way. If it does, continue reading to learn more.
1. Improve Your Proofreading Skill
It is not merely a theoretical and rule book course. In fact, it goes MUCH FURTHER than that.
Without a doubt, theory and rules are essential for learning proofreading from the ground up. However, it will be ineffective if you do not put it into practice.
Imagine, you read a book or watched a video on “How to Play Golf”. Will you be able to play golf for the first time?
Why? Because you haven’t practiced it!
That’s exactly the case with proofreading. Reading a course or watching a video will not get you anywhere unless you practice it.
That’s why Proofread Anywhere STANDS OUT because they provide practice material along with a hand-graded exam.
- 8 grammar-specific worksheets
- 8 module quizzes
- 100-question in-depth vocabulary quiz
All of these will not only SHARPEN your skills but also BOOST your confidence as a proofreader.
So, you can either look for random proofreading test material online or use Caitlin’s practice material, which is TAILORED to what you’ll learn in her course.
The choice is yours!
2. No More Struggling to Find & Approach Clients
You have learned the skill. Now what?
Do you know where to find clients?
How to attract them?
It’s POINTLESS to learn a skill if you can’t attract clients willing to pay for it. Even if you know where to look for them, knowing how to approach them is IMPORTANT.
This course solves that problem by showing you EXACTLY how to promote your service to bring in customers.
You’ll learn how to attract ideal clients by leveraging your online profiles on social media and online marketplaces.
MORE CLIENTS = MORE JOBS = MORE MONEY
So, no more STRUGGLING when you can find the right approach in this course!
3. Find The Right Way to Start Your Own Freelance Business
At some point in time, you don’t want to be dependent on proofreading services or freelance websites to find work. That’s because you do not want to give these companies a cut of your earnings.
That’s why starting your own freelance business is the RIGHT WAY to become self-sufficient and earn more money.
With Proofread Anywhere, Caithlin EXACTLY teaches you how to start everything from scratch. You’ll learn:
- How to create a business website within a FEW MINUTES.
- How to set your proofreading service rates so that they don’t seem TOO HIGH or TOO LOW.
- How to market your business to drive a POOL of clients & so on.
No doubt, you can certainly do this on your own without any assistance.
However, the amount of time you’ll spend trying to figure out the best ways to start and promote your business will UNDOUBTEDLY sap your energy.
So, you can either spend months figuring everything out on your own or take the easier route, which is this course.
4. Get Lifetime Access
Some courses provide limited access, such as a year. Though it is sufficient to complete the entire course, you won’t be able to access the material if it is updated in the future.
However, you have LIFETIME ACCESS to Proofread Anywhere, which means you can upgrade your skill whenever there is an update.
According to one student, the Proofread Anywhere course material has been tripled since the last time he took it.
5. Designed For Everyone
The course is designed for everyone, whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or experienced proofreader. It will take your proofreading skills from a beginner level to a more advanced level.
So, if you’re unsure whether you’re qualified for the course due to your lack of understanding of proofreading, it’s time to clear your mind.
What is Included in Proofread Anywhere?
It offers two courses:
- General Proofreading: Theory & Practice
- Transcript Proofreading: Theory & Practice
Each course includes a free email course that teaches you the fundamentals and allows you to decide whether proofreading is a good fit for you.
1. General Proofreading: Theory & Practice
- General Proofreading is aimed at anyone who is interested in proofreading online articles, books, research papers, and so on that doesn’t require any specific field knowledge.
- It includes more than 80 lessons spread across 14 modules, each with grammar-specific worksheets, real-life job examples, student workbooks and quizzes, case studies, and more.
- This course also provides a free workshop that is intended to teach you the fundamentals and allow you to decide whether proofreading is a good fit for you.
- After completing the course, you must take a hand-graded exam to receive a certificate of completion if you score 90% or higher.
- You can complete the entire course within a month if you put in the effort.
Here is the list of modules you’re going to learn. To know the complete syllabus, click here.
- Module 1 – Introduction to General Proofreading
- Module 2 – Grammar refresher
- Module 3 – Sentence structure
- Module 4 – Spelling & word use for proofreaders
- Modules 5 – Punctuation principles
- Module 6 – Proofreading methods
- Module 7 – Proofreading practice
- Module 8 – Types of Proofreading
- Module 9 – Turning proofreading into a business
- Module 10 – Finding clients
- Module 11 – Marketing basics
- Module 12 – Your workflow
- Module 13 – Getting the most out of the freelancing life
- Module 14 – Ignite Plus exam for Ignite Plus members
Along with all the theory lessons, you can also find quizzes and practice exercises in the modules to IMPROVE your skills.
As a result, you will not only learn all of the theory, but you will also practice everything you learn side by side. This is the perfect way to learn and build a skill.
Are There Any Bonuses?
If you like bonuses, then the GP also provides the following courses:
- The Ultimate Freelancer Tax Guide – Accounting, taxation, deductions, and other topics are covered. Also, get a list of tools to make tax time simple.
- 5 Mindset Shifts for Goal-Crushing Confidence – Use their five effective activities to boost your confidence and become a successful proofreader.
- The Mindset Mastery Guide – Learn how to conquer your fear of finding clients, the 3 pillars of success, cure imposter syndrome, and much more. This guide is all about building a positive mindset.
- Look Better in Writing™ Handbook of Commonly Misused (and Abused!) Words – Learn about the most commonly misused words (166 words/terms) in written work.
- Access to Level 1 of Transcript Proofreading: Theory and Practice™ – You get a sneak peek at another MASSIVE course on Transcript Proofreading.
- Hand-graded Exam with Certificate of Completion – Once you pass their hand-graded exam with at least a 90% score, you will be given a certificate of completion. You can show this certificate to your clients as proof.
- Money Mindset Transformation Workshop & Workbook – You’ll learn seven life-changing concepts that will forever change your perspective on money. If you want to make more money, you might not be looking in the right place.
- Marketing Mastermind for Proofreaders – Become a member of a separate marketing mastermind group for proofreaders with verified skills. You will have the opportunity to interact with experienced proofreaders who will act as mentors to help you skyrocket your proofreading career.
- Listing in the Self-Publishing School (SPS) Preferred Outsourcer Rolodex – When you pass the hand-graded exam, you’ll be listed to SPS
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE FREE WORKSHOP (check whether the course is right for you)
2. Transcript Proofreading: Theory & Practice
- Transcript proofreading course is intended for proofreading legal transcripts used by court reporters.
- It is a more focused, intense, technical, and complicated course for more serious proofreaders who want to expand their skills to earn at a higher level.
- If you want to take the transcript proofreading course as a beginner, you must first enroll in the general proofreading course. This is due to the fact that without proofreading knowledge and skills, you won’t be able to complete Transcript proofreading, which is an advanced version.
- The course consists of 54 lessons divided into nine modules. Currently, it is the ONLY structured training program in transcript proofreading that is available.
- The course can be completed in 2-4 months, but it can also be completed in 8-10 weeks if you put in the effort.
- Once finished, you must take two “human-graded” tests and two multiple-choice automated exams. If you get 90% or higher on all of them, you’ll get an official certificate and a certificate number.
Here is the course outline so you know what to expect. To view the entire syllabus, please click here.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Transcript Proofreading
- Module 2 – The nuts and bolts of transcripts
- Module 3 & 4 – Marking up transcripts (Four methods)
- Module 5 – Simulation Transcripts (50 simulation transcripts)
- Module 6 – Corresponding Within the Court Reporting Profession
- Module 7 – Billing and Accounting Procedures
- Module 8 – Connecting with Potential Clients
- Module 9 – Final Exam and Concluding Lesson
How Much Does Caitlin Pyle’s Proofread Anywhere Cost?
Each course has its own set of plans. While GP has two plans, TP has level-based plans.
General Proofreading Plans:
There are basically two plans:
- Ignite Plus
Ignite costs $397 and includes lifetime access to all the course materials required to become a general proofreader.
2. Ignite Plus
Ignite Plus costs an additional $100 ($497) and includes all of the benefits of the Ignite plan as well as the following benefits:
- Access to Hand-graded exam
- Certificate of completion
- Get listing in the Self-Publishing School (SPS) Preferred Outsourcer Rolodex
- Receive membership in a separate marketing mastermind group for PA General Proofreaders with proven skills.
If I were you, I would go after the Ignite Plus plan because:
- You can test and polish your skills with their well-crafted exam.
- You will have the opportunity to work with SPS without having to look for work. It’s similar to getting a placement in a company after graduating from college.
- You can gain access to a Facebook group populated by proofreaders where you can interact, ask questions, and seek support. It’s always a good idea to surround yourself with people who share your interests, and this group does the same work, which keeps you MOTIVATED.
Transcript Proofreading Plans:
This course has four module-based plans. Here are the specifics:
- Level 1 – For $77, you get access to module 1 for 7 days.
- Level 2 – For $197, you get access to module 1 & 2 for an extra 30 days.
- Level 3 – For $400, you get access to module 1-5 for an extra 60 days.
- Level 4 – For $500, you get access to module 1-9 for lifetime.
Note: If you are new to proofreading and don’t know what niche you want to work in, I strongly recommend starting with general proofreading course first. Once you learn how to proofread and want to advance in your career to earn more money, Transcript Proofreading is the next course to take.
Proofread Anywhere Sale/Coupon Code
Don’t want to buy right now? That’s PERFECTLY FINE!
That’s because Caithlin offers big discounts a couple of times a year. She held an Independence Day sale a few months ago, offering her course at a whopping 60% discount.
However, I know that many people will not have the patience to wait months when they want to learn the skill RIGHT NOW!
So, you can either buy it now or, if you’re patient, sign up for her free workshop.
What will this do?
You will not only receive some free proofreading knowledge but you will also be subscribed to her email list.
The benefit of this is that the next time she organizes a sale, you’ll be notified via email right on the spot. That’s CLEVER, right?
Although, if you have the money and don’t want to waste time waiting for a discount sale to pop up, simply attend her free workshop to get started.
Which Proofreading Course is Best in Proofread Anywhere?
Both are the BEST, but it depends on where your interest lies. The General Proofreading course is for you:
- If you’re interested in proofreading general documents such as blog posts, essays, textbooks, research papers, etc.
- If you’d like to have MORE CLIENTS & JOBS.
Whereas, Transcript proofreading course is best for those who
- Wants to proofread legal copies that require knowledge of legal court norms.
- Want to get more high-paying jobs.
As I previously stated, if you do not know how to proofread, you should first enroll in the GP course before enrolling in the TP course. Otherwise, you’re going to STRUGGLE a lot.
Is Proofreading Anywhere Worth the Money?
Why did I say so?
Because, if you choose to attend college, learning a new skill can cost you thousands of dollars. Even after graduation, there is no guarantee that you will get a job.
Compared to that, Proofread Anywhere is a LOT CHEAPER.
- It is a SELF-PACED course that provides lots of practice sessions and expert guidance.
- You’ll learn the EXACT STEPS to start a proofreading business from home, as well as all of the marketing strategies to get clients.
- You’ll gain knowledge, skills, and the mindset you need to succeed as a proofreader.
If these things don’t sound amusing, that’s good! You can save money by skipping the course.
However, the amount of time you’ll spend trying to figure it out on your own with no guarantee is comparable to placing a bet.
If I were you, I would take the easy way out because Proofread Anywhere yields FASTER results and builds CONFIDENCE.
Isn’t that what everyone wants? Right?
Which is Better (Alternative): Knowadays (Proofreading Academy) Vs. Proofread Anywhere?
Both the courses are better in their own way.
- They provide adequate training in grammar, punctuation, and spelling. They also teach how to edit texts for flow, tone, readability, and style.
- The support staff are excellent and answer your questions throughout the course. You can even schedule a free tutoring call.
- They issue the certificate of completion regardless of your final assignment score. So, no more 90% requirement!
- Graduates with an 80% or higher score will be given guaranteed work as a freelance proofreader with Proofed, their proofreading partner.
Every course has some drawbacks. Here is what they lack in comparison to Proofread Anywhere.
- The Proofreading Academy does not use a style guide and relies on generic rules during training. While Proofread Anywhere uses the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) as its style guide. It is one of the most widely used style guides in the US.
- They do not teach you how to start your own proofreading business and market yourself. So, if you prefer to work independently, Proofread Anywhere is the way to go.
- There is no Facebook community to engage with other students and support each other.
- Just because the certificate of completion is easily available, I doubt that anyone will work hard to pass the exam. That’s why I like Proofread Anywhere’s approach of requiring a minimum score of 90% before receiving the certificate. This way, students will be more focused on learning the course material.
- As more students join Proofed, the guaranteed work with them will eventually become saturated. This means that the work files you select will be picked by someone else within seconds.
So, these are some points that will give you an idea of what to expect. No doubt, both are the best, but at the end of the day, it’s you who has to decide.
Pros & Cons of Proofread Anywhere
- Get lifetime access to the course materials (including updates).
- Get lifetime access to a supportive Facebook group where you can get answers to course-related questions.
- Receive training for building an online business and marketing yourself.
- It provides an engaging user interface and useful bonus materials.
- There are no refunds available once you have purchased the course.
- Some people may find the price to be extremely costly.
Proofread Anywhere Negative Reviews/Complaints
I went to TrustPilot.com to look for negative reviews, and this course has a WHOPPING rating of 4.5 out of 5. (Well, people seem to like it.)
Out of 100%, 85% said it was an excellent course, 11% said it was a great course, and only 4% said it was a bad course.
When I filtered only the negative ratings, I found two negative reviews in which they shared their experience of being unable to find work.
They also mentioned how Catlin offered them a $10 Amazon gift card in exchange for dropping a positive review.
I understand that reading such negative reviews can easily change your mind, and your confidence in the course may decline.
But, here’s a CATCH!
- Caitlin asked her students if they had a positive experience (getting clients or jobs) after completing the course, she would reward them with a gift card in exchange for leaving a positive review. If you ask me, it’s completely fair because everyone wants to grow their business, and if it is genuine, why not?
- She was even happy to guide those who left negative reviews. If you look at the trustpilot page, you’ll notice that she responded to each negative complaint and offered a possible solution. To be honest, she genuinely cares about her students, which is exactly what we expect from a mentor, isn’t it?
Overall, I don’t believe all of the positive reviews because, who knows, some of them may have been done on purpose to receive gift cards.
But looking at her helpful nature, you’re GUARANTEED to get a brilliant mentor who is there to help you succeed.
Proofread Anywhere Controversy
Some people believe that this course is not legitimate, and in fact, it is a complete scam!
To be honest, Proofread Anywhere is a 100% LEGIT course that is well worth your money. But the above statement only applies to those:
- Who are DEAD SERIOUS about becoming a proofreader.
- Who are NOT LAZY when it comes to putting in effort.
- Who won’t GIVE UP on a career as a proofreader.
If these three statements don’t fit you, then who knows, you may also say it is a scam course.
Is Proofread Anywhere Accredited?
No, it’s not accredited by the Better Business Bureau, but there is a VERY GOOD reason for this.
Caitlin claimed that the BBB had been targeting her for years to pay for her ratings.
She tried to list her course there, but they said her website was unsatisfactory, even when she included printouts of pages with markup.
That’s because they wanted Caitlin to pay $465 to create a profile there, which she wasn’t prepared to pay. As a result, she dropped the plan.
She says that the BBB is a money-driven platform where you can get good ratings if you are willing to financially support them. The biggest example is this article.
If you want to learn more about this, you can read her full statement by clicking here.
Final Conclusion – Proofread Anywhere Review
I’ve provided you with all of the information you need to know before purchasing Proofread Anywhere.
If you ask me, I would purchase the course because my time is valuable.
If I can learn a skill in a couple of months by taking a course and it boosts my confidence, then HECK, YES! I’m in.
Not only will I be able to recoup my investment, but it will also provide me with an additional source of income.
So, think deeply and make your final decision!
- 15 legitimate companies offering proofreading jobs to beginners and intermediate proofreaders
- 5 Top Proofreading courses you should give a try
Pin this for Later: