When you click the links and ads on this blog, it helps me to pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting me! For more info, read the Disclosure page.
This Bookkeeper Launch review is based on my personal experience with the course.
Unlike other reviews, I am going to give you a sneak peek at all of the lessons included. This may be enough for you to decide whether it is worth your money.
Along with that, I’ll go over some of the major benefits of taking this course, which will be extremely beneficial to you. So, if you’re already interested and want to proceed, let’s start with a quick review.
Quick Bookkeeper Launch Review
- Course Name – Bookkeeper Launch
- Creator – Ben Robinson
- You can implement everything you’ve learned on a fictitious client.
- Receive tons of bonuses.
- Provides flexible payment option.
- Best customer support.
- Provides free intro course to test the water.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- The price seems a bit high.
- Requires effort to build a client base.
- Quick Bookkeeper Launch Review
- What is Bookkeeper Launch?
- Who Is Bookkeeper Launch Intended For?
- Is Bookkeeper Launch Accredited?
- Benefits of Enrolling in Bookkeeper Launch
- 1. No Prior Experience Needed To Join The Course
- 2. Learn Five Stages of Running a Bookkeeping Business
- 3. You’ll Be Able to Make Educated Decisions
- 4. Get Real Experience in Handling a Fictitious Client
- 5. Save Time, Energy & Increase Efficiency With Process Checklists & Templates
- 6. Receive a Certificate of Completion
- 7. Be a Part of an Online Bookkeeping Community
- 8. Receive Exclusive & Helpful Bonuses
- What’s Inside The Bookkeeper Launch Training?
- What Are The Bonuses Included?
- How Much Does Bookkeeper Launch Cost?
- Is Bookkeeper Launch Worth Your Time?
- Read Next:
- Pin it For Later:
What is Bookkeeper Launch?
Bookkeeper Launch is a proven system for teaching bookkeeping skills and starting your own virtual bookkeeping business from the ground up.
That’s correct! Even if you’re a complete novice who has NO IDEA what bookkeeping or running a business requires, this course is for you.
It is a self-paced course that was created by Ben Robinson, a CPA who has a lot of experience in the bookkeeping industry.
The course, now in its fourth edition, has helped over 11,000 students achieve their goal of becoming bookkeepers. Nearly 75% of them had no prior bookkeeping or business experience. (That’s for you if you’re a beginner.)
In addition to the course materials, you are invited to join the WORLD’S LARGEST and most active virtual bookkeeping community, where you can interact with other students and graduates and share your accomplishments.
How Long Does it Take To Complete Bookkeeper Launch?
It is a 58-hour course that is designed to be completed in 90 days.
Do Bookkeeper Launch Provide Free Classes?
Yes, they offer a free discovery series that gives you an idea of what to expect from the Bookkeeper Launch course. Signing up for this free workshop will definitely help you decide whether or not to invest in this course.
You’ll also discover whether you have the right personality, ability, and potential to become a bookkeeper.
In addition, find out how much money you can make and how long it will take you to get started in the bookkeeping business.
Who Is Bookkeeper Launch Intended For?
It is for those people who want to work from home, set their own hours, and build a business that they can scale up or down as needed.
Also, if they’re looking for a new source of income without having to give up time with their family or interests, and want more freedom, flexibility, and opportunity, they’re the ideal candidates
Is Bookkeeper Launch Accredited?
Yes, the course has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau® since 10/13/2020. It also has an A+ rating from 98 customers. This clearly shows that most of the students are happy with the course.
Benefits of Enrolling in Bookkeeper Launch
Here are some major benefits that I believe will help you make a decision.
1. No Prior Experience Needed To Join The Course
There is no need for you to have any prior knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting in order to join this course.
Even if you have no idea what bookkeeping is, you can enroll in this course and go from “what is bookkeeping?” to “Let me serve you with my bookkeeping service.”.
That’s how simple the course content and structure are, which I really liked.
Another thing I like about the course is that the content is in video format, with the option to download transcripts and audio for each video. So, if you prefer reading text or listening to only audio, just click the download button.
By the way, this only applies when the video content is entirely theoretical. You must, however, watch videos when they show you how to do a specific process.
2. Learn Five Stages of Running a Bookkeeping Business
- The first stage will be to get your business up and running by learning 21st Century bookkeeping skills, marketing techniques, and developing systems for smooth process.
- The second stage will teach you how to grow your business by attracting more high-paying customers.
- The third stage teaches you how to run your business more effectively and efficiently by hiring others to do the work for you. You’ll also learn how to get work done for less money.
- The fourth stage is all about optimizing your business and systematizing your products and services so you don’t have to work as hard as you used to.
- The final stage will teach you how to make a good impression on your clients, which will lead to repeat business and higher pay.
3. You’ll Be Able to Make Educated Decisions
Bookkeeper Launch will provide you with the necessary knowledge and abilities to be successful in today’s world.
Along with data input, you’ll learn how to analyze it and come up with sound decisions for your clients, which will make you INVALUABLE to them. This alone will set you apart from the rest of the competition.
4. Get Real Experience in Handling a Fictitious Client
Typically, courses will teach you the theory and provide exercises to test your knowledge. Though Bookkeeper Launch follows the same pattern, it also allows you to SERVE a fictitious client.
This will be a made-up client by the creator, and you will handle their records and apply all of the processes you’ll learn in this course on QuickBooks.
This way, you’ll understand all of the steps involved in handling a new client from start to finish, as well as how it feels to serve a client.
This will not only boost your confidence when dealing with a real client but will also make you more comfortable with your job.
5. Save Time, Energy & Increase Efficiency With Process Checklists & Templates
Bookkeeper Launch provides a lot of process checklists and templates available in their resource library.
We’re all aware that different processes exist in bookkeeping. There is, for example, a cleanup process, a payroll process, a sales tax process, a bill payment process, and so on.
To complete all of them, you need to remember each and every step involved in these processes, which can be challenging if you are inexperienced.
So, to make your job easier, Bookkeeper Launch provides a total of 13 process checklists that specify the purpose, when to use them, where to use them, and explain all of the required steps.
Here are all of the checklists you’ll be receiving for the following processes.
- Onboarding process
- Clean up process
- Reconciliation process
- Payroll process & New hire processes
- Inventory management process
- Sales tax process
- Bill payment process
- End of month closing process
- Client advisory meeting process
- End of year closing process
You never want to start with a blank sheet of paper when writing a proposal, an engagement letter, or anything else. You need something to work with. That’s where templates come in handy.
With Bookkeeping Launch, you can download 17 templates that can be customized if necessary.
It will not only make document creation easier, but it will also save you time, energy, and increase your efficiency.
Here’s a list of all the templates you’ll receive.
- Consultation cheat sheet & questions bank
- Pricing calculator
- Proposal template, style 1
- Proposal template, style 2
- Proposal template, style 3
- Prospect follow up system
- Engagement letter template
- ACH / Recurring authorization
- Bookkeepers financial reports transmittal letter
- Tally & rally
- Disengagement letter
- QBO sample COA excel
- QBO sample COA CSV
- Bookkeeping business sample COA excel
- QBO COA for corporate manufacturing excel
- QBO COA for corporate manufacturing CSV
- Entity comparison chart
6. Receive a Certificate of Completion
Assume you own a business and require a bookkeeper to manage all of your records. Whom do you hire?
- A bookkeeper who claims to know the stuff but has no proof.
- A bookkeeper who has a certificate of completion from a recognized course.
Obviously, you’ll pick the second one, right?
Because the certificate of completion shows that he/she is credible and possesses the necessary skills for the job.
That is what Bookkeeper Launch’s certificate of completion stands for because, in order to receive the certificate, you must pass both the knowledge exam with an 80% mark and the practical exam with a 100% mark.
If you can achieve those figures, you’re undoubtedly better than many bookkeepers out there.
7. Be a Part of an Online Bookkeeping Community
When we don’t get the desired results, we can become discouraged or lose interest in our jobs.
That’s why, in order to stay motivated, it is preferable to have support during this time. That is what the Bookkeeper Launch community does.
When you enroll in the course, you will be invited to join a private bookkeepers community comprised of all students and graduates. It is the largest online community for bookkeepers.
Here, you can discuss, ask for advice and even share your accomplishments with them. In short, you will have a big family behind your back who are there for you at all times.
8. Receive Exclusive & Helpful Bonuses
If you enjoy bonuses, BL is not far behind. They will grant you access to four bonuses that will help you take your bookkeeping skills and business to the next level.
The bonuses include:
- Hacks & Facts
- Profit Maximizers
- 1099 Blitz
If you’re curious about what they are and how they can help you, I’ll go over all of them in detail in the bonus section down below.
What’s Inside The Bookkeeper Launch Training?
When I purchased the course, I received a welcome email with all of the login information, as well as an email address to contact the student success team. It also included information on how to join their BL Family community.
Here is a screenshot of their email.
When I logged into the Bookkeeper Launch Portal, I saw the five courses listed below in the “My course” section.
- Bookkeeper Launch System
- Bonus: Hacks & Facts
- Bonus: Profit Maximizers
- Bonus: LinkedIn
- Bonus: 1099 Blitz
This is what you’ll get if you join their PRO plan (which I enrolled in).
I’ll go over all of the bonuses in a few minutes. But for the time being, let’s concentrate on the Bookkeeper Launch system.
When you enter the course, you will notice a roadmap structure with stars in it, as shown below.
The first two stars will be applied automatically once you finish the course and receive your certificate of completion. You must manually apply the remaining three. Here are the details.
- Software certificate: This will be applied when you master either QuickBooks, Xero, or other accounting software.
- Launch Your Business: This is essentially a process checklist outlining all of the steps you must take to set up your bookkeeping business. Once you’ve completed all of the steps, you’ll receive this star.
- First client: When you get your first client, you must choose the source of your client in order to receive the star.
Bookkeeper Launch System Course Material
The course is divided into the following seven sections.
- ORIENTATION: Systems Check
- DAYS 1-15: Go
- Days 16-30: Ignition
- Days 31-45: Liftoff
- Days 46-60: Ascent
- Days 61-75: Acceleration
- Days 76-90: Orbit
Let’s take a look at each of them to see what they have to offer.
1. ORIENTATION: Systems Check
This section is divided into two parts, with a total of five lessons lasting approximately 1.25 hours.
- Orientation (3 lessons): It consists of a welcome video along with a bookkeeper launch center tour and what you need to do to become a 21st century bookkeeping professional.
- Study Hacks (2 lessons): This basically teaches you how to learn faster and retain knowledge without spending countless hours.
2. DAYS 1-15: Go
This section is divided into the following three sections, with a total of 52 lessons and 10 assessments, totaling approximately 5.5 hours in length.
- Skills Foundation (42 lessons): This part is all dedicated to teaching you the bookkeeping basics. So, if you’re a newbie, this is for you.
- Leader U (10 lessons): This part is designed to get you in the right mindset and thinking like a leader. It will also recommend some leadership actions that should be taken.
- Money U (10 lessons): This part is intended to get you in the right mindset for making money and also includes some money-making actions that should be taken.
3. DAYS 16-30: Ignition
This section is divided into the following four parts, with a total of 133 lessons and 10 assessments totaling approximately 17.45 hours in length.
- Setup (16 lessons): You will learn how to set up and use QuickBooks for bookkeeping. You will also put all of the bookkeeping fundamentals you learned earlier into practice by setting up an account for a real client. That’s right!
- Transactions (113 lessons): This part is all about transactions, so you can build and interpret financial statements to advise your clients. The lessons cover cash receipts and accounts receivable.
- Yakkity-Yak (6 lessons): You’ll learn what it is, as well as how and where to use it.
- Lifestyle (5 lessons): You will discover how to balance your bookkeeping lifestyle with your personal lifestyle. This way, you can spend time with your friends and family while also running a successful business.
4. DAYS 31-45: Liftoff
This section is divided into the following four parts, with a total of 66 lessons lasting approximately 9 hours.
- Transactions Projects (22 lessons): You will be working on a closing project, such as entering invoices, recording payroll, bank deposits, and so on, using a spreadsheet and QuickBook.
- Statements (31 lessons): You will learn how to see, read, and review statements, as well as how to collaborate with your client and help them understand their business. You’ll also learn how to prettify the balance sheet, package contents, presentation, and close the books.
- Traditional Networking (7 lessons): This lesson focuses on networking. You will learn how to network and establish professional relationships.
- Irresistible Selling Statements (8 lessons): You’ll discover what it is and how to create your own ISS so that clients can’t help but choose you over other bookkeepers.
5. Days 46-60: Ascent
This section is divided into the following four parts, with a total of 47 lessons and 7 assessments, totaling approximately 6 hours in length.
- Cleanup (16 lessons): This part will teach you the entire process of cleaning up the client’s book in order to get a fresh start. You will also learn about all of the steps involved in putting it into action.
- Final Exams (14 lessons): You will take a knowledge exam and must pass it with a score of at least 80%. You must also take a practical exam and pass it with a score of 100%. When you complete both of them sucessfully, you will be given a certificate of completion.
- Online Networking (7 lessons): This is all about how to network online. You’ll learn where to network online as well as how to connect with and converse with your clients.
- Conversation to Close (17 lessons): What happens after a person contacts you through networking? How do you make that person a client? That is what is being discussed here. It walks you through the process of having an initial conversation with someone about the bookkeeping business, all the way to signing the engagement letter.
6. Days 61-75: Acceleration
This section is broken up into the following four parts, with a total of 25 lessons that last about 2.25 hours.
- Get Software Certified (1 lesson): This part basically tells you to get certified in the accounting software that you like the most. Though they prefer QuickBooks, you can also get certified in other software, like Xero.
- Templates (1 lesson): A total of 17 templates that will be required to do bookkeeping can be downloaded from here.
- Processes & Checklists (12 lessons): You can download all of the key process checklists here. It has a total of 13 checklists, which include the clean-up process, sales tax process, bill payment process, and so on.
- Your Money (11 lessons): You will learn some money truths as well as how to manage and spend your money strategically.
7. Days 76-90: Orbit
This section is broken up into the following four parts, with a total of 32 lessons that last about 10.50 hours.
- Tools & Tech (1 lesson): Learn about all of the useful tools and technology that can help you be more efficient with your time and provide better service.
- Setup 7 (11 lessons): You will go over all of the steps you need to take to get your business in order. It includes setting up a separate legal entity, obtaining a tax ID and a business license, opening checking, and merchant accounts, and much more.
- Websites & Social Media Marketing (16 lessons): You will learn about website and social media marketing and why they are important. It also includes a website challenge in which you will learn how to build a website from the ground up. Also covered: how to use Google My Business and a Facebook business page for social media marketing.
- Freelance Gigs (8 lessons): You will learn how to get freelance gigs and what different avenues you can use to find potential clients online.
Aside from the course content, there are also two missions based on client service. They are as follows:
- Mission 1: Serving 1st Client For 2 Months
- Mission 2: Serving 3+ Clients
1. Mission 1: Serving 1st Client For 2 Months
This section is divided into the following three parts, with a total of 45 lessons lasting approximately nine hours.
- Interpret & Advice (35 lessons): You will learn how to interpret and advise clients to become a trusted advisor. The lessons will allow you to be perceived as a bookkeeping professional rather than just another bookkeeper.
- Spreadsheets (8 lessons): You will learn how to work with spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. By the end, you will understand how to use them correctly to benefit your business and your clients.
- Prospect Follow-Up System (5 lessons): Learn how to track, prioritize, and follow up with clients using a simple yet effective system.
2. Mission 2: Serving 3+ Clients
This section is broken up into the following three parts, with a total of 19 lessons that last about 2.25 hours.
- Email Outreach (5 lessons): Learn what email outreach is as well as some great email writing tips and action steps.
- Referral Partners (7 lessons): It’s all about referral partner marketing. You’ll learn what it is, how to succeed at it, where to look for referral partners, and how to establish and deepen relationships with them.
- Niche Power (3 lessons): Understand why having a niche for a long-term goal is important. Also, look into Ben’s top ten niches that can lead to riches.
What Are The Bonuses Included?
Bookkeeper Launch provides you with four bonuses.
- Hacks & Facts
- Profit Maximizers
- 1099 Blitz
Let’s look at each of them one by one.
Bonus #1: Hacks & Facts
This bonus essentially shares excellent bookkeeping tips from successful Bookkeeper Launch students. There are six lessons in total.
You’ll listen not only the tactical aspects of marketing and client acquisition, but also how to overcome CHALLENGES.
Because running a business comes with a lot of challenges, it is beneficial to learn about them in advance from students who have been there and overcome them.
Bonus #2: Profit Maximizers
This bonus is all about accounts payable, receivable, and payroll assistance. You will learn what they are as well as all of the processes and setup involved.
There are a total of 26 lessons.
Bonus #3: LinkedIn
This bonus will teach you how to use LinkedIn as a bookkeeping professional.
The lessons are created, crafted, and curated by Melonie Dodaro, who is the number one bestselling author of LinkedIn Unlocked.
Many students have built empires solely through the use of LinkedIn, or at least as one of the main ways they go out there and get clients.
And all of these strategies are included in these five lesson bonuses.
Bonus #4: 1099 Blitz
This bonus is all about how to ace the year-end tax form dash.
You’ll learn what you need to do to properly file the form 1099-NEC as well as the 1099 miscellaneous if you have clients who require it.
You’ll also learn how to save your sanity, because this is, by far, the most difficult time of year for bookkeepers.
You’ll also learn what’s new in the current tax season with regard to 1099s, as well as some common blunders that you can avoid. Plus, get a checklist for your 1099 season as well.
Though there are more topics covered, as there are nine lessons in total, you can find them all in this bonus.
How Much Does Bookkeeper Launch Cost?
Bookkeeper Launch is available in three plans, each with one installment or 12 installments. With one installment, you only need to pay once, whereas the 12 installments are paid on a monthly basis. This means you must pay a certain amount for a period of 12 months.
Here are the plans they offer:
1. Bookkeeper Launch Pro
- One installment: $2,499 (save $489).
- 12 installments: $249 per month
2. Bookkeeper Launch Premium
- One installment: $2,999 (save $589).
- 12 installments: $299 per month
3. Bookkeeper Launch Team
- One installment: $4,999
What’s The Difference Between Pro, Premium, And Team Plan?
The pro plan includes the following things:
- The entire Bookkeeper Launch system.
- Two Bonuses
- Resource Library access to download templates and checklists.
- Access to an exclusive members-only community.
- Unlimited access and updates.
In comparison to the pro plan, the premium plan provides the following things:
- All the pro plan benefits.
- Access to unlimited open mic sessions.
- 8 group coaching sessions.
- Fastest path to success.
- Led by Ben Robinson
Finally, the team plan provides the following things.
- All the premium plan benefits.
- Access to the exclusive “Elite” community of bookkeeping entrepreneurs.
- 2 knowledge licenses for your team members (Bookkeeper Launch Skills).
- Access to the Marketing Machine.
- Outstanding Processes & People (OPP)
If you’re just getting started, go with the Pro plan and pay on a monthly basis. That means you’ll pay just $249 a month.
For those who want to see if it’s worth the investment, which it is, this is an excellent option.
If you’re happy with their content and service, you can continue with the next 11 installments. However, if you want to save money, I highly recommend going with the one-installment plan.
Even though it sounds risky because you’ll be spending a lot of money, you can always ask for a refund if the course content doesn’t meet your expectations.
To be honest, when a course offers a refund, it’s a sign that the instructor is confident in their material and the course as a whole.
The fact that a course offers a refund is, in my opinion, a sign that it is excellent and that the creator has a strong belief in what they are teaching.
What is The Bookkeeper Launch’s Refund Policy?
Bookkeeper Launch provides a 30-day refund policy, which allows you to request a 100% refund within 30 days of the purchase date. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
Please keep in mind that there are no refunds if you upgrade from Bookkeeper Launch Pro to Bookkeeper Launch Premier.
There is also no refund if you decide to upgrade to other Bookkeeper Launch courses such as Bookkeeper Lab, Bookkeeper Elite, Outstanding Processes & People (OPP), and so on.
Is Bookkeeper Launch Worth Your Time?
The fact that it is an accredited course with an excellent rating and has been featured in INC, Entrepreneur, Lifehack, and Woman’s World is the BIGGEST proof.
Not only that, but the course will teach you how to start, grow, scale, optimize, and transform your bookkeeping business from the scratch. So, whether you’re a beginner or an intermediate, you won’t be disappointed.
If you’re serious about starting a business from home, especially one in bookkeeping, this is a gold mine course for you.
The rest is up to you to decide, and you can do so simply by signing up for their free workshop.
Pin it For Later: