This post contains Affiliate Links. For more info, you can check out my Affiliate Disclosure page.
MAKE REACTION VIDEOS
In this article, I will teach you how to make reaction videos within 10 minutes. On top of that, I will give you a few tips that you can use to avoid any copyright claim on your reaction videos.
Nowadays, there is a trend going on YouTube, where many people are giving reactions to different videos. It can be either movie trailers, short stories and what not.
As it is becoming popular day by day, there is a craze among many people to create their own reaction channel. But, most of them don’t have any idea how to create such videos.
Though it may look complicated, it is quite easy to make using Vegas Pro.
If you don’t know what it is and how to use it, then don’t worry because I will be explaining all the procedure step-by-step and by the end of this article, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to make your own reaction video.
So, without wasting any time, let’s begin.
WHAT IS REACTION VIDEOS?
It is basically a video of someone reacting to someone else video. These types of videos are made famous by Benny & Rafi Fine who are brothers and better known as Fine Brothers.
It is a very simple concept and they actually earned a lot of money by giving reactions on YouTube. At present, there are many reaction channels where people react to movie trailers, stand up comedy, funny videos, vines etc.
To be honest, nowadays, it is the most simple way to earn money on YouTube if you won’t get any copyright claim.
All you need to do is react & give honest opinions about the videos and that’s pretty much it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE REACTION VIDEOS?
To be honest, nothing special. All these things will be readily available to you expect the software. However, you can get the software from online easily.
- Video camera or Smartphone
- Microphone for voice recording
- A nice background (Not necessary)
- Videos to react
- Video editing software
1. VIDEO CAMERA OR SMARTPHONE
Obviously, without a camera, how are you going to record yourself? If you have a smartphone, that will pretty much do the job.
However, you can also go for a good quality camera if you aren’t budget cautiously. You can try any of these best cheap cameras if you are preparing to buy one.
2. MICROPHONE FOR AUDIO RECORDING
If you record your voice through a smartphone while recording videos, chances are, your sound will be not clear and it will sound muddy which is a big turn-off for your YouTube audience.
Therefore, I will suggest that you invest a little money on an affordable microphone if you want to record your audio crisp & clear.
As an alternative, you can also use headphones having a mic in it.
Being a viewer, I would love to watch those reaction videos where I can clearly listen to the voice of the Youtuber otherwise, I just skip.
So, my suggestion will be to invest some bucks on a good microphone if you want to make some quality reaction videos.
You can check out some best cheap microphones from here.
3. A NICE & CLEAN PLACE
Now it’s not that important, but if you want to look more professional, you should have a nice background.
It can be either your good looking room or you can use a curtain if your room is messy.
As a viewer, I am more attracted to those reaction videos which looks more professional. Now, it doesn’t mean that others are bad but the presentation does matter.
4. VIDEOS TO REACT
It is up to you to choose which videos to react. I would suggest you make reaction videos on any of these below videos:
- Movie trailers & fight scene
- Stand up comedy
- Funny Videos
- Funny Vines
- Video songs
You must also listen to your audience in the comment section and react to those videos which they are suggesting to make them happy and eventually, turn them into your subscriber.
5. VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE
There is various software to edit videos online. To be honest, you can make reaction videos with any one of them. Personally, I like Vegas Pro 14 because it is quite easy to use.
The interface isn’t complicated and it’s quite user-friendly. I have used a bunch of software previously, but I liked Vegas Pro more.
You can buy this software if you’re against piracy or else you can get this software online for free.How To Make Reaction Videos Fast Click To Tweet
STEPS TO CREATE REACTION VIDEOS USING VEGAS PRO
I am assuming that you have recorded your reaction and now you have two videos. First one is your reaction video and another one is the video to whom you reacted.
Now using Vegas Pro, let’s edit these videos.
- First, open Vegas Pro 14.
- Import media as shown.
- I have imported two videos. Here Darcy Oak 1.mp4 is the video to whom I reacted & react.mp4 video is my reaction video.
- Now drag both of your videos into the timeline as shown. Remember to keep your reaction video at the bottom and the video to whom you reacted at the top.
- Now select the top video (to whom you reacted) and click the Event Pan/Crop button as shown.
- A new window will open. Change the preset to 16:9 ratio & then resize the video box by clicking on that small square and then drag it as if you want to enlarge it. See the below image for clarification.
- You will see that the top video will get shrunk and then you can adjust the size as per your convenience. Once settled, you can drag it to the side of your video.
- Now, you need to match both your videos i.e. the original video and the reaction video in the timeline so that your original video starts playing when you hit the play button in your reaction video. To match, you can drag them via your cursor.
- After arranging both of them, save your file by clicking File> Render as.
- A new window will open. Here, you need to put your file name, location and then select the quality of the video. I will suggest choosing at least 1280×720 and then click on the render button. The file will be created and saved at your preferred location.
That’s pretty much it. The whole procedure will take at least 10 minutes & you can finally see your reaction video.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start creating your own reaction videos & upload it on YouTube.
HOW TO AVOID COPYRIGHT CLAIM ON YOUTUBE?
Well. if you are using others video, then there is a high chance of getting copyright claim. Especially, when you are reacting to music videos.
So keeping that in mind, whatever I am going to share now, it isn’t a 100% solution for copyright claims.
However, these tricks will probably reduce the risk & who knows your video comes out clean. So let’s see
- I have seen a lot of YouTubers who tend to decrease the volume of the videos while reacting to it. This helps them to avoid any audio detection by YouTube bots which otherwise results in a copyright claim.
- Another thing you can do is, chop 5 seconds of your video after every 30 seconds. This means you watch the first 30 seconds of the video, cut off the next 5 seconds, then again watch 30 seconds & then cut off the next 5 seconds and so on.
- Similarly, instead of chopping off the 5 seconds, you can pause the video after 30 seconds and then talk a little about it. Then, again play the next 30 seconds, pause it and then again talk about it. Basically, you need to stop the video after every 30 seconds for a while and then again repeat the same thing. I hope I am not confusing you.
- Lastly, you can change the video sound pitch to avoid any copyright claim.
I know these tricks aren’t 100% good but you must think that you are using others content, so there will be a risk.
The best thing you can do is email the original video creator and ask permission for reaction. If they agree, then you don’t have to worry much.
So, that’s how you make reaction videos & avoid copyright claim. Not to mention, there are many other ways as well using different software. But Vegas Pro seems easy for me.
If you liked this method, then don’t forget to share it. Also, if you want to read more articles about YouTube, then check out the below articles. Peace out.